Tooth Pain

When should I extract the wisdom tooth that is causing pain and redness around the gums?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an appointment to remove my wisdom teeth in two months, but one of the teeth is now hurting my cheek when I eat. The gum around the tooth is red and sore. Should I call them for an appoinment immediately? Or wait till the next two months.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakshana Devi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The wisdom teeth will erupt partially or remain completely impacted (in the wrong place and position). So it has to be extracted. The wisdom teeth which is in the wrong place may injure the tongue or cheek mucosa. It is normal, and there is no need to worry about...  Read Full »

I still feel pain and soreness after crown lengthening. Is it normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a crown lengthening on a molar tooth nine weeks ago and had the permanent crown cemented six weeks after the procedure. Six weeks after the crown lengthening, the area still feels sore when I bite. When I had my appointment to get the permanent crown, I told the dentist this, an...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Healing could be slow but not slow enough to take six months. Healing maximum takes three weeks, and gums become normal. It is abnormal, and as per my knowledge and information, there could be two issues. The crown margins require a...  Read Full »

I have discomfort in the throat while eating. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, Last week I traveled with my cousin. He had a mild fever and cold. We traveled for nine to ten hours in the car, and we were together for a week. After reaching the destination, I ate lots of fish for two to three days, and we had a party so I had some drinks and then I slept off. After ...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern. I had gone through the attachments (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). It appears you are having some dental issues. The attached picture shows a retromolar ulcer on the left side of the low...  Read Full »

What should I do for the pain in the lower jaw due to horizontally placed wisdom tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in the lower jaw due to a horizontal wisdom tooth. The tooth is completely horizontal. The pain comes and goes on and off. It is a bearable pain. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your attachment (attachment removed to protect patient's identity). Lower wisdom teeth are completely horizontal on both sides, and I understand you must be in severe pain. I would suggest you go for extraction of both the teeth as soon as possible. Delaying m...  Read Full »

What is the tiny tissue that is hanging after pulling a loose tooth in my 5-year-old daughter?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5-year-old daughter had a very loose tooth two days ago. It was barely hanging on and getting in the way of her eating. We pulled the tooth out, and she said it hurt a little even though it was barely attached. There is now a tiny piece of tissue sticking up out of the hole where h...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakshana Devi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the pictures attached (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It is important to confirm that you have pulled the entire tooth. If yes, then I advise you to wait for three days and follow general instructions like having a soft diet, bla...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in the gap between the upper molar?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old female. There is a gap in the upper right molar teeth region, and I have been experiencing pain in that region for the past three days. I used an ice pack to relieve pain but could not reduce the pain. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakshana Devi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the file attached (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Pain in the tooth may be due to a periodontal problem, and there is mild redness in the gingiva near molar teeth. I advise you to take painkillers and antibiotics for three day...  Read Full »

What are the causes of pain in a restored tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my filling two years back on my left wisdom tooth. It was in the center and a deeper cavity, near to the pulp. One year back, I had pain and consulted the doctor. She told me that I was not infected and gave me some medication. I did not have the drug, and I believed I could man...  Read Full »

Dr. Soheel Hussain Zargar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your case history, if there is slight or severe pain, it indicates infection. But there are two possibilities. The first one is filling may be defective, or it has undergone some wear and tear, due to which there may be a gap that is causing fluids to pass and ca...  Read Full »

Why is my upper crowned tooth paining?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in the crown placed on the upper left first molar. I do not have pain while sleeping. What to do if my metal surface gets exposed?  Read Full »

Dr. Krishna Swaroop Achanta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is nothing to be worried about crown exposure. If it is a PFM crown (porcelain fused to metal crowns), it has a metal surface inside the ceramic layer of the crown and it will become exposed with time. If it remains firm without any displacement, then there is...  Read Full »

What are the painless methods to treat a tooth with dental caries?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a root canal and it was a traumatizing experience. My endodontist tried for an hour to give numbness to my tooth. He gave a maximum amount of Novocain and told me that no more can be given after this level. He told me that my pain gets manifested by being tensed and you need to go ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I agree that RCT (root canal treatment) is definitely a painless procedure. In your case, anesthesia was not effective and your endodontist should have postponed your appointment by giving you medications. The techniques of anesthesia range from intraligamentary, in...  Read Full »

Will a tooth abscess go away with antibiotics?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old. Four days back, I started to have pain in my left jaw (inside). I could not recognize the exact point as to where the actual pain is. Therefore I had a clove (for two days) between my left side tooth which reduced the pain thereafter. Yesterday evening I felt my lef...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is probably a gingival or periodontal abscess (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) due to infection. It needs to be drained. Right now, I am prescribing medications for immediate relief. Please update me if relief is there.  Read Full »