Transgender

Transgender are people having their gender identity different from their gender assigned at birth.

Is it possible to get STD through mutual masturbation with a transgender person?

Query: Hello doctor,I had my last intercourse 25 days ago. After four days of intercourse, I started experiencing nausea, weakness, lower abdominal pain, and back pain. My foreskin turned red. I consulted a urologist and got tested for STDs except for syphilis. All the results came back negative. I also ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for the query. The risk of transmission of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) by given description is nil. The symptoms are non-specific. The negative HIV antibodies test after 44 days is almost conclusive. You can go for an HIV antibodies test after three mo...  Read Full »

Is there a marker in a person's blood that indicates their sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 65 year old transgender female, and I have been on hormone therapy for the past two years. I have had an orchidectomy but not gender reassignment surgery. I recently donated blood, and on the questionnaire, it asked for my biological sex. The person there said that because I was b...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Every cell in your body has DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) that defines the genetic makeup. A male is XY and a female is XX. Other than red blood cells, which does not have DNA, rest every cell of the body has DNA. The blood is a mixture of all different kinds of proteins an...  Read Full »

Is it fine to abruptly stop HRT when desired breast growth has occurred in a transgender woman?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a transgender woman. I want to stop taking my HRT cause I feel that I have had the breast growth I wanted, and the changes coming lately (loss of erections, gaining weight, emotionality) have been very unpleasant for me. So the question is, how do I stop them? Do I stop it abruptly ...  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Hormones taken during HRT (hormone replacement therapy) are steroids, and it is never a good idea to suddenly stop steroids as it will cause adverse side effects. Hence my advice would be to slowly lower the HRT dose and get it to a level w...  Read Full »

How to increase the breast size for a male with feminine desire?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a married, 46-year-old male. I am on mild estrogen dosage and have developed almost A cup size breast growth. I have decreased male libido for the past 15 years with more feminine desires. I am not looking forward to SRS but just breast growth without augmentation surgery. Please s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing to me, and I understand your concern. Can you submit your estrogen reports? Were you sexually active as a male before 15 years? As far as I understand, now you want to increase your breast with hormone therapy. Earlier in childhood, all your a...  Read Full »

I am having dysphoria and transgender symptoms. Can I take Testosterone?

Query: Hello doctor, I am struggling with depression and anxiety and have been taking Prozac for about four months or more now. The symptoms are beginning to fade. As well, I am also dealing with dysphoria, transgender symptoms and would like to get on Testosterone.  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to know that depression and anxiety symptoms are fading and you are feeling better on Prozac (Fluoxetine). You need to continue taking Prozac till further advice by your prescribing doctor. Regarding gender dysphoria, you will need a comprehensive assessm...  Read Full »

I am a cross dresser who is attracted to men. Does that make me a trans woman?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I cross dress from the age of 15. I have erections and ejaculations only while sleeping upside down on the bed. Unlike other guys, it does not happen when standing. I also have a significant breast growth as they are quite visible. I suspect that I am a transwoman, t...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to inform you that there is no test to detect if one is a trans woman. It all depends on the attitude, orientation, sexual relationships, sexual response and body language. Considering the sexu...  Read Full »