Q. It hurts to bite. What can be the reason and what medication can be taken?

Dr. Honey Arora

Yesterday, I got hit in my mouth and this has affected my front teeth. I hurt when I bite down or touch it. I am seeing my dentist tomorrow. Do you have any idea what this is in the meantime?

#

• If it hurts to bite then there can be many causes. A few of them are listed here.
  1. It can be just a minor injury that can heal in a few days.
  2. There can be a fracture in the crown or root of the teeth.
  3. If there is mobility there can be either tooth or alveolar bone fracture.
  • So, an X-ray can help in confirmation. Kindly get an X-ray done and upload the report to me.
  • If there is a pain, I suggest you take painkillers like Ibuprofen. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|