Chipped Tooth

I have chipped tooth without any symptoms. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I chipped my molar, but am just making sure that it is just a small chip. The molar was already calcified and has been sealed as a result of that. There is no sensitivity, pain, or any symptoms. Wondering if I would get it sealed again or just something to be cautious about....  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Nassar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The broken part seems to be a small part in the enamel layer, you do not have any pain or symptoms, so I believe this tooth is fine and it can be restored with composite filling to prevent any cavi...  Read Full »

What is the treatment available for chipped tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I chipped my front tooth two days ago. I saved the broken tooth piece in a cup of milk in the refrigerator. The piece is fairly small (bottom corner chipped off). What are my options to get my tooth fixed? It does not hurt but it is a little sharp to the touch.   Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is good that you saved the part of the tooth. But actually little chipped off part of the tooth cannot be reattached to the tooth by any means. But if whole tooth and its root somehow got knocked out of socket while you fell down or so and that tooth is kept immediat...  Read Full »

Why do my teeth break after biting something hard?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem. My teeth are brittle because if I eat something hard they sometimes break or I would feel a hole developing and this is stressing me out because I have already taken out three of them and now another one is close to being totaled. Earlier today I ate something and I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There must be one of a few reasons for this chipping off of teeth rapidly. You might have calcium and vitamin D deficiency. To rule out this, you can get serum vitamin D laboratory test done. If there is deficiency then I recommend you medicines for it. Another reason ...  Read Full »

My chipped tooth is sharp, sensitive and hurts. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently chipped the top of one of my teeth off, it is quite sharp and hurts when I eat certain things (sugary things it seems). The part that came off was very thin but I am worried my tooth could become more sensitive and more could break off so I would really like to fix thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The sensitivity is because of the exposure of the second layer of the tooth (dentin). It can be easily cured by using anti-sensitive toothpastes. Replace this toothpaste for night brushing and you will find best results in two weeks. You have also mentioned that the edg...  Read Full »

My front tooth got chipped away. What to do immediately?

Query: Hi doctor, My front tooth got chipped away before two days. I am so nervous about it. How to recover my tooth?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It depends upon the vitality of the tooth. If your tooth is vital and if there is no associated pain, then it can be restored with a simple composite filling. In case, if there is a loss of vitality, you can treat it by a root canal treatm...  Read Full »

The tooth is sharp and cracked. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,The tooth is sharp and cracked. It is leaving a space in the mouth. What is the treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I saw the image, but it is not clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But, based on how much ever I could appreciate, it seems you have deep caries in your first molar and to some extent nearby second premolar too. The crack or sharp...  Read Full »

What is causing my tooth pain - cavity, broken tooth or wisdom tooth eruption?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having tooth pain, and I am not sure what the cause is. I do have a cavity on the top row beside my front tooth, but would that affect my bottom teeth too? The pain feels like a dull pressure, so maybe it is the wisdom teeth? I am 18, so I suppose it is possible, but I do not hav...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Saketh Gummuluru

Dentist, Oral Implantologist, Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your teeth look fine in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but I suggest you get an appointment with a dentist and get to know what is causing you the pain. Is it the wisdom tooth or the broken tooth or any other tooth having a cavity or is it...  Read Full »

What would be an efficient way to cover chipped tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am brushing twice daily and maintaining good oral hygiene. My teeth are deteriorating and chipping. What would be an effective and cheap way to cover chipped front teeth?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lower cost option for repairing front teeth would be composite fillings (tooth colored filling material). It can be done chair-side and in most cases, you can walk out with the tooth repaired in one appointment.But, the composite fillings cannot be one universal solut...  Read Full »