Chipped Tooth

Is it necessary to get a chipped root canal treated tooth patched?

Query: I was eating popcorn and I felt something weird happened. I noticed that I had chipped a piece of my tooth's filling out. The nerve of this tooth has already been taken out and it has a filling going down to the root, but should I get it patched up anyway? Please take a look at the picture.  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist - I went through your query and the attached Image. Am very sorry for the inconvenience caused. As a Specialist am here to help you. Nothing to worry , Its a minor chip off might be due to accidental chewing of hard food. No fillings needed . As you...  Read Full »

How to manage tooth wear due to pica?

Query: Are dentists trained in PICA? My tooth enamel has become increasingly worn down in the last few years due to my consumption of none food items yet every dentist I've bought it up with had no idea what I was talking about. Heavy wear on teeth/soft and sensitive teeth, lots of chips and are significan...  Read Full »

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentist, Endodontist

Answer: Hello ,Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist - I went through your query Ma'am. Am very sorry for your inconvenience and discomfort. As a Specialist am here to help you and Capable to ease you discomfort once and for all.Am confident that there is an easy fix many other had surely missed. I assu...  Read Full »

Is it normal for the primary molar to get chipped into pieces?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an experience with a tooth as a child that I have never received an answer. My baby teeth were always kept pretty clean and well taken care of but this one incident happened where one tooth literally disintegrated in a matter of seconds. I was sucking on a sucker and noticed tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Beryl Fredrick

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. When did it happen (at what age)? How many molars? Any history of bottle feeding? Diet history? History of dental checkups and dental treatments had during that period? More history of the details would hel...  Read Full »

Could swollen gums surrounding broken molar tooth indicate infection?

Query: Hello doctor, Ten years ago, I had a molar break nearly in half. At that time, I tried to do the correct thing. I went to a clinic and had a temporary filling. I switched jobs within a few months, acquired actual dental insurance and went to a clinic. I got my teeth cleaned, a couple of fillings an...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to show to a dentist itself as the teeth is broken and only a quarter of actual size should be removed. The tooth next to this which has cavity should also be filled or maybe would require root canal treatment. You can delay the crown placement if you do not...  Read Full »

I have chipped tooth without any symptoms. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I chipped my molar, but am just making sure that it is just a small chip. The molar was already calcified and has been sealed as a result of that. There is no sensitivity, pain, or any symptoms. Wondering if I would get it sealed again or just something to be cautious about....  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Nassar

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The broken part seems to be a small part in the enamel layer, you do not have any pain or symptoms, so I believe this tooth is fine and it can be restored with composite filling to prevent any cavi...  Read Full »

What is the treatment available for chipped tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I chipped my front tooth two days ago. I saved the broken tooth piece in a cup of milk in the refrigerator. The piece is fairly small (bottom corner chipped off). What are my options to get my tooth fixed? It does not hurt but it is a little sharp to the touch.   Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is good that you saved the part of the tooth. But actually little chipped off part of the tooth cannot be reattached to the tooth by any means. But if whole tooth and its root somehow got knocked out of socket while you fell down or so and that tooth is kept immediat...  Read Full »

Why do my teeth break after biting something hard?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem. My teeth are brittle because if I eat something hard they sometimes break or I would feel a hole developing and this is stressing me out because I have already taken out three of them and now another one is close to being totaled. Earlier today I ate something and I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There must be one of a few reasons for this chipping off of teeth rapidly. You might have calcium and vitamin D deficiency. To rule out this, you can get serum vitamin D laboratory test done. If there is deficiency then I recommend you medicines for it. Another reason ...  Read Full »

My chipped tooth is sharp, sensitive and hurts. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently chipped the top of one of my teeth off, it is quite sharp and hurts when I eat certain things (sugary things it seems). The part that came off was very thin but I am worried my tooth could become more sensitive and more could break off so I would really like to fix thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The sensitivity is because of the exposure of the second layer of the tooth (dentin). It can be easily cured by using anti-sensitive toothpastes. Replace this toothpaste for night brushing and you will find best results in two weeks. You have also mentioned that the edg...  Read Full »

My front tooth got chipped away. What to do immediately?

Query: Hi doctor, My front tooth got chipped away before two days. I am so nervous about it. How to recover my tooth?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It depends upon the vitality of the tooth. If your tooth is vital and if there is no associated pain, then it can be restored with a simple composite filling. In case, if there is a loss of vitality, you can treat it by a root canal treatm...  Read Full »

The tooth is sharp and cracked. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,The tooth is sharp and cracked. It is leaving a space in the mouth. What is the treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I saw the image, but it is not clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But, based on how much ever I could appreciate, it seems you have deep caries in your first molar and to some extent nearby second premolar too. The crack or sharp...  Read Full »