Treatment Counseling

How to bring a person out of abusive behavior and alcohol addiction?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been married for eight years, it was a love marriage, and things were fine initially. Three years back, my husband left his job to pursue his passion for becoming an entrepreneur, and I supported him in whichever way I could, both mentally and financially. But, things did not go a...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I am totally against any form of abuse, so do not endorse any idea of suffering with your current husband. There is a definite need to seek advice if things are not working despite making compromises at ...  Read Full »

Since I have a terrible temper, I quickly get irritated over small things. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17 year old girl, and lately, my mood is not good, and I think I need counseling for that. Since my temper is bad, I easily get irritated over small things like doing chores, since it is my vacation. My mood is always off, and I have a habit of thinking bad things at the back o...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from depressive symptoms, which is why you get irritated very soon. Your self-esteem has gone down. Hence, you have become very sensitive. The feelings of guilt for your act is a cardinal symptom of depression. You require medications to bring ...  Read Full »

How to treat a patient having a social anxiety disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing my post graduation in psychiatry, and I would like to clear my doubts about social anxiety disorder. I wanted to know about the most challenging and important things while dealing with someone with social anxiety disorder. From your experience, can you please tell me the bi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Social anxiety disorder is one of the anxiety spectrum disorders. Here, persistent anxiety in social situations like talking with a person or a group of people, in group presentations, in talking with the opposite sex, etc., are found. Avoiding social gathering and s...  Read Full »

I keep worrying that he is going to cheat on me again. How to overcome?

Query: Hello doctor, My boyfriend cheated on me several times when we were dating, and I had no idea about it. But, we patched things up and got engaged. I love and have feelings for him. I keep worrying that he is going to cheat on me again. He is not cheating on me now, but I still have a weird possessiv...  Read Full »

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your situation. After knowing that your boyfriend was cheating on you in the past, you have repetitive intrusive thoughts that he can cheat again. This feeling of suspiciousness is normal to some extent, but if it is troubling you, making you restless, an...  Read Full »

How to overcome depression presenting with anger?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel like I need help with depression and anger. I am a single mom and constantly feel irritated mostly with myself. I cannot seem to be able to do the simplest tasks. It is an effort to get up, to shower, and to get dressed. The only reason I do it is because I am a mom. I feel so guil...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Dhamankar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand how difficult it is to struggle every day with yourself, to fight the anger and depression within you. I have treated many patients who go through this trauma every day. My advice for you would be, try taking the following. Tablet Tryptomer (Amitriptyline) 10...  Read Full »

How do I make my family support my career change?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an engineering graduate. I am unemployed and fed up with everybody's reaction regarding my career. So, I avoid family gathering or party. I did not get a job yet, and it makes me frustrated. I am not able to find a right path and feel like crying. I am not happy with this situatio...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not feel bad about yourself. For a hard working person, any degree is good. Engineering is not a bad profession, just do not lose hope. Continue to do hard work and prove your worth. Please take the job even if the company does not pay much. It will help in ...  Read Full »

How to prevent my thought from acquiring HIV?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from depression and obsessed with HIV. I have had an instant test for all STIs, and all come back negative now, and a thought came to my mind that you can get HIV from a vaccine that uses dead fetuses lung tissue, for example, the COVID-19 vaccine. I know you cannot transm...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, let me tell you that HIV does not transmit in the way that you are thinking. You obviously must have read about it. I understand what you are saying. Sometimes, if we keep thinking about something or are obsessed with something, we tend to correlate e...  Read Full »

Can I be able to function normally with my mixed thoughts of anger, sadness and self hurting?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel rather extremely angry than at the same time, very sad. I always have this very gory thoughts that I wanted to kidnap and torture the person I hate and again, at the same time, I want to hurt myself because I am so incompetent and I always feel like all the people think the sam...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you been experiencing these symptoms like extreme anger, sadness, and other difficult emotions? Has there been anything ongoing stressors in your life that affects you negatively? From the information you have provided, it appears that you are stressed,...  Read Full »

Please suggest solution to help my sibling with behavioral disturbance.

Query: Hello doctor, How do I help my 16-year-old teen brother who refuses to get help? I believe he needs help, but the last time we went to the doctor, they sent him to a counselor who did not do much. When talking to a counselor and other people, he does not show his true colors. At home, he has a very...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be difficult to see your family going through challenging circumstances. From your report, it looks like your teenaged brother is struggling to regulate his behavior, blames others and is not able to take responsibility for his actions. As you may know alread...  Read Full »

What can be done to overcome depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I got married last year and I noticed that my wife feels down for a day or two every few weeks, most of the times she has a reason but she overreacts, and recently we had some financial problems and she faced some troubles at work that she considered might effect her career and it has...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife will benefit by counseling or talking therapy to address her past adverse childhood experiences and help her manage her low mood. When a person is depressed, their thinking can be distorted and can view even slight setbacks in a catastrophic manner. You con...  Read Full »