Treatment Counseling

Can I be able to function normally with my mixed thoughts of anger, sadness and self hurting?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel rather extremely angry than at the same time, very sad. I always have this very gory thoughts that I wanted to kidnap and torture the person I hate and again, at the same time, I want to hurt myself because I am so incompetent and I always feel like all the people think the sam...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How long have you been experiencing these symptoms like extreme anger, sadness, and other difficult emotions? Has there been anything ongoing stressors in your life that affects you negatively? From the information you have provided, it appears that you are stressed,...  Read Full »

Please suggest solution to help my sibling with behavioral disturbance.

Query: Hello doctor, How do I help my 16-year-old teen brother who refuses to get help? I believe he needs help, but the last time we went to the doctor, they sent him to a counselor who did not do much. When talking to a counselor and other people, he does not show his true colors. At home, he has a very...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be difficult to see your family going through challenging circumstances. From your report, it looks like your teenaged brother is struggling to regulate his behavior, blames others and is not able to take responsibility for his actions. As you may know alread...  Read Full »

I am not able to sleep after my parents death. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having sleep issues. I do not get sleep till 3 AM to 4 AM even if I am just lying on the bed. My parents passed away. I am single and I live alone. Those memories and thoughts are affecting me recently for the past 1 year a lot. Sometimes after sleep, I wake up thinking most of the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am truly sorry for your loss. It is really difficult to go through grief time all alone. The symptoms you are experiencing is because you are going through all the pain on your own. And that is why these have become part of you and now disturbing you in your dreams and ...  Read Full »

What can be done to overcome depression?

Query: Hello doctor, I got married last year and I noticed that my wife feels down for a day or two every few weeks, most of the times she has a reason but she overreacts, and recently we had some financial problems and she faced some troubles at work that she considered might effect her career and it has...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife will benefit by counseling or talking therapy to address her past adverse childhood experiences and help her manage her low mood. When a person is depressed, their thinking can be distorted and can view even slight setbacks in a catastrophic manner. You con...  Read Full »

My sister's report shows 46, XY chromosome. What does this mean?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister is 18 years old, and she has never had periods. Recently, we did a test which said, 46, XY (20), 20 cells were counted, all cells showed 46 chromosomes. Small chromosomal anomalies and small clonal population may not be detected using the standard methods employed. Could you pl...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? This is a tough condition to explain, but let me try. 46 chromosomes mean the total number of chromosomes is normal. For a normal female, the sex chromosome should be "XX". "XY" means male. So, your sibling who is looking as or phenotypically female ...  Read Full »

How can I deal with aggressive behaviors of my sister?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a sister and we are living together after my mother's death. We are living in a country where there are more traditional aspects. The problem is that my sister has some aggressive behaviors. An unsuccessful love affair has turned her to have more aggressive personality. She has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest the following: Whenever you feel she is in a good mood, bring up the issues of her quarreling or instances happened recently and try to convince to seek psychiatric help along with you. Try to explain in a manner that she takes it seriously. Try to convince h...  Read Full »

Why am I getting mental images of my past?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from what I think are mental problems since last year. To give you some context, I went abroad for studies, and I felt extremely lonely and miserable there. After a year, I was suffering from sleep problems. However, one day, I had confusing thoughts, just before ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This problem you are facing is a mental illness for sure. The description of your symptoms seems that it is a serious issue, as it has been persistent for the past 10 months. The problem you are facing is probably visual hallucinations or illusions, which are a part of ps...  Read Full »

My husband is abusive and addicted to alcohol. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been married for eight years, it was a love marriage, and things were fine initially. Three years back, my husband left his job to pursue his passion for becoming an entrepreneur, and I supported him in whichever way I could, both mentally and financially. But, things did not go a...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I am totally against any form of abuse, so do not endorse any idea of suffering with your current husband. There is a definite need to seek advice if things are not working despite making compromises at ...  Read Full »

I have a bad temper, and I get irritated over small things. What is happening to me?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17 year old girl, and lately, my mood is not good, and I think I need counseling for that. Since my temper is bad, I easily get irritated over small things like doing chores, since it is my vacation. My mood is always off, and I have a habit of thinking bad things at the back o...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from depressive symptoms, which is why you get irritated very soon. Your self-esteem has gone down. Hence, you have become very sensitive. The feelings of guilt for your act is a cardinal symptom of depression. You require medications to bring ...  Read Full »

What is social anxiety disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I am doing my post graduation in psychiatry, and I would like to clear my doubts about social anxiety disorder. I wanted to know about the most challenging and important things while dealing with someone with social anxiety disorder. From your experience, can you please tell me the bi...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Social anxiety disorder is one of the anxiety spectrum disorders. Here, persistent anxiety in social situations like talking with a person or a group of people, in group presentations, in talking with the opposite sex, etc., are found. Avoiding social gathering and s...  Read Full »