Q. Do low TSH level and Low FT4 mean hyperthyroid?

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 27, 2019

Dear Doctor,

After my tubal pregnancy my thyroids started acting low TSH 0.11 0.21 0.26 and low FT4 0.81 0.82 0.79 .076. But did not visit the doctor yet. Is it hyperactivity thyroid?

Give me any advice.

#

• Low levels of both TSH and FT4 indicate that the problem is at Pituitary or Hypothalamus level and NOT Thyroid.
  • Also, your thyroid is NOT hyperactive and your thyroids are apparently functioning normally.
  • You will therefore require further evaluation to localize the site of abnormality. Based on the test reports, appropriate treatment will be given to you to correct the condition.

Consult an endocrinologist to know the required tests and appropriate treatment, based on the reports --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/endocrinologist

|