Q. My cough lasted only for a week and the doctor says it is tuberculosis. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Indu Bhushan Kumar and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Tuberculosis or Chest X- Ray? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: My cough lasted only for a week and the doctor says it is tuberculosis. Please help.

• There is parenchymal infiltrate on the right upper lobe of my lung.
  • My doctor said that I have a ptb3, which looks like a serious stage of tuberculosis.
  • I was shocked because I never had a cough since September.
  • Before the month of September, my cough lasted only for a week and then suddenly went off and I feel all right until now.
  • I never had a fever or cough again.
  • I searched through internet about the symptoms of tuberculosis and I found that I experienced none of those symptoms. Please help.