Q. How to proceed with my chronic dry cough?

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

I am a 24 year old female. I am suffering from cough for almost a month and my abdomen is paining badly due to cough. The cough gets so severe and I end up vomiting, be it early morning or night. I consulted the doctor and was diagnosed with chronic cough. I followed the medicine and it only helped me to decrease the severity of cough and clear the congestion while breathing. So, I visited the same doctor for the second time and he wrote in the prescription as chronic dry cough. Still, I have not recovered completely. My throat is aching slightly. I can see the red portion with small white patches (pimple like structure). Whenever I have something oily or spicy, cough gets severe, especially after dinner and early morning. During coughing, I could not breathe and my face turns red and blue. Please help.

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

General Medicine Internal Medicine Nephrology
#

• Chronic cough for more than three weeks needs evaluation. I would recommend to check CBC (complete blood count), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), Mantoux test, chest x-ray, ECG and serum creatinine levels.
  • I suggest a 14 day course of antacids like Pantoprazole 40 mg twice a day. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|