Q. Does cough and phlegm with itchiness in throat in a cocaine user mean cancer?

Answered by Dr. Syed Tehmid and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cocaine or Cough? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I used cocaine for six months but for four months, I have coughs and phlegm especially in the morning. I never had throat pain. It just feels itchy. I saw a doctor who gave me allergy spray with Cortizon but I took it for just one month. I keep drinking alcohol and cold drinks which makes me feel irritated in my throat again. Only used cocaine twice in last two months 1 g each. I will stop completely as am almost there on my withdrawal. I saw another doctor, she did all TSD tests and it was all clean. I got a bacterial infection in the throat so, I do salt and hot water gargling. The symptoms are less than before but I am still worried about my coughing. I am afraid of cancer as I had taken chemotherapy two years ago for histiocytosis X. Any suggestions, please.