Turbinates

Why do I get nose block on the right side even after turbinoplasty?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a septoplasty and turbinoplasty under general anesthesia six months ago. I had them because when I lay down to sleep, whichever side I was sleeping on would swell up completely. The amount of pressure was so extreme that it was impossible to get more than 3.5 to 4 hours of sleep...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read the details sent by you. It would be better if you can send me the pre-operative and post-operative CT scan pictures. A repeat nasal surgery is not so commonly required unless the patient develops sinusitis or nasal polyps. As per your details, it seems ...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my swollen nostrils with post nasal drip?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a history of gastritis and hiatal hernia and was fine for several years. But it has come back due to me smoking marijuana. My GI doctor prescribed me Pantoprazole, which I have been taking for a month, but later I stopped taking Pantoprazole 20 mg because it messed with my teeth. M...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your concerns, the swelling you are describing is most probably turbinate hypertrophy. One treatment method is medical treatment, if it does not improve, it may require surgery, i.e., reduction of turbinate. And as you have post nasal drip and turbinate hypert...  Read Full »

Does my insensitivity to airflow through the nose be due to crust formation post turbinoplasty?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a turbinoplasty with radiofrequency about 11 days ago. I have removed the splints on day 7. But it has been four days since I cannot feel pain, temperature, and the airflow in my noses. It first started with the left side, now on both sides. What can it be?   Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please give us the surgery notes? Turbinoplasty should not cause this problem. Is there any crust formation inside? Did the ENT do an endoscopy after surgery and clear all debris and crusts (I mean after pack removal/splint removal)? What medicines are you ...  Read Full »

How long does it take for septoplasty and turbinoplasty to heal?

Query: Hello doctor, I had septoplasty and turbinoplasty 16 days ago. After the surgery, they asked me to come back after two days for packs removal. Then after two days, I went to the hospital, other doctor look after me and he just removed one pack, even I asked him to remove the packs on both sides bu...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand you underwent septoplasty and turbinoplasty and you have not completely recovered. After septoplasty post-operatively it takes about two to three months for complete healing and recovery. You must put Solspre nasal spray two puffs four times daily for a...  Read Full »

Is surgery a must for nasal turbinates problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a problem of nasal congestion for almost 15 days now. It started with running nose first and then the nose got blocked. In the past, I have taken antibiotic for eight days. For three days, I had taken Augmentin 375 twice a day and Erythrocin 500 one tablet a day for five days. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the problem is only for 15 days, then in my opinion, surgery can be withheld now. If you have any long-standing problem like nasal obstruction, nasal discharge, sneezing, post-nasal drip or allergic symptoms then you may go ahead with surgery. Your nose h...  Read Full »

What is nasal septal deviation with spur formation?

Query: Hi doctor, Over six months I have had what was thought to be an epidermoid cyst at the end of the right side of my nose. I have taken antibiotics on a regular basis as there is redness, swelling and tenderness in the area when inflamed. Approximately 2 weeks ago this cyst on my nose became very inf...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It means there is obstruction to your sinus drainage because of a deviated nasal septum with spur and concha bullosa, leading to recurrent sinusitis. Due to retained secretions in the paranasal sinuses there is infection and headache. Nasal septum deviation to the r...  Read Full »

I am struggling with breathing problem. Kindly advice me about turbinate reduction.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old female. I have been struggling with breathing through my nose my whole life. When I was a child, I did not know if others breathed like me or not. I would expand the skin on my cheekbones sideways to open my nasal airways and breathe better for a second. I started in...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need to have a look at the CT to assess how much of a space you have inside the nasal cavities, whether the enlarged turbinates are causing airway compromise, whether there is any adenoid remnant in the nasopharynx, whether there is any polyp or mucosal thickening ...  Read Full »

Can you help interpret my chest X-ray?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a chest and sinus X-ray a couple of days ago and I need help reading and explaining it. I had a runny nose and a cough with phlegm so the ENT doctor asked for a chest X-ray. I have attached the images of the reports.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am able to view your paranasal sinus X-rays. It shows mild haziness in the left maxillary sinus compared to the opposite side which can be due to a mild sinus infection. The ri...  Read Full »

Why am I not able to differentiate between smells after having had a septoplasty?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a septoplasty and turbinate removal two months ago. I have taken medicines only for three weeks after the surgery. Now, I am not taking any medications and I have a feeling of stuffy nose again. There is also swelling in the nose. I am breathing great but the problem is with t...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Family Physician, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There could be two possible reasons for your problem. The surgery did not correct your problem completely. You seem to have an allergy. The surgery you underwent may have left some deviated septum and turbinate hypertrophy. So, you still have a stuffy nose. The othe...  Read Full »