Ultrasound

Kindly give me your opinion on my ultrasound report.

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ultrasound last month, and I have attached the reports. I need your precise opinion on this case. Please interpret the report and tell me what I have to do next?  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a small neck lymph node which is seen on the ultrasound scan (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It measures 10 x 4 x 10 mm and is small therefore the wait and watch policy is to be applied. It can be from an infection. Since no other lymph nod...  Read Full »

My reports suggests intramural uterine fibroids. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, Multiple intramural uterine fibroids 30, 20,12 and small interior wall 30, 25, 12 mm posterior wall. Right ovary 37*33*12’mm volume 8.2cc. Left ovary 38*25*15 mm irregular cyst. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and reports. The size of the fibroid is very small and negligible, and there is nothing to worry about. Please repeat the scan after three months to know if there is any change in the size. However, if you have a doubt, then get back to...  Read Full »

I am 8 weeks pregnant but my baby is not visible in the ultrasound. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 18 years old with 5'6" in height and weight 134 kg. I am eight weeks pregnant. I have not had any bleeding or cramping. I do not believe the baby is in my tubes because I have not had any pain. Why my baby cannot be seen on the ultrasound?   Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The possibilities are, 1. Your periods previous to pregnancy was irregular, so what you count as eight weeks maybe less, need to wait and repeat scan after 7 to 10 days. 2. Pregnancy is not healthy. Only if the growth of the baby is normal, the rate of growth of th...  Read Full »

My ultrasound says that I have choroid plexus cyst. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday I had my ultrasound, and there is a small cystic lesion of size approx 5.4 mm x 3.4 mm seen in the left lateral ventricle said to be choroid plexus cyst and I am anxious. What should I do? Please advise whether I should terminate or wait till next sonography.  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For your information, a choroid plexus cyst is not considered a structure or functional brain abnormality. Most of these cysts are isolated and occur in otherwise low-risk pregnancies. The only association of some significance between a solitary choroid plexus cyst a...  Read Full »

How long does a fertilized egg stuck and implant itself in a tube?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a few questions regarding ectopic pregnancy. 1) How long does a fertilized egg stuck and implant itself in a tube? 2) I ovulated on day 15 and felt a sharp pain in the right side (for a moment) on day 24 (8 days post ovulation), is it an ectopic symptom?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It depends on your period length and regularity that when and how the system will work. If you have regular periods then 14 days before menses you have ovulation, and if fertilization occurs on the ninth day, then you can have implantation at right or wrong place. I...  Read Full »

I had a miscarriage and would like to know the possible cause and how to avoid them?

Query: Hello doctor,I had a miscarriage at 5th weeks before a month. I did a pelvic ultrasound, and the doctor said everything was fine. I would like to know the possible cause and how to avoid them? As I am ready to try for a baby again.  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First trimester miscarriages are very common, and mostly they are due to underlying abnormalities in the baby which are not diagnosed on ultrasound, and the most common cause is chromosomal abnormalities. So nothing to worry about and you can try for your next baby ...  Read Full »

USG report shows blood collection at internal OS. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 17 weeks pregnant. In my USG report a blood collection is found of 52 mm x 20 mm at internal os. I am very worried. What is to be done with the problem?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? After 12 weeks pregnancy, the risk of bleeding is low. Only a bleed from the margins of placenta is to be worried about. Cause of this collection could be: 1. Erosion and thereby minimal bleed from the raw surface of erosion. There may be mild discha...  Read Full »

I am 24 weeks pregnant and I am afraid of preterm labor. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am terrified of preterm labor. I am obsessed with checking for signs that I will go into labor early. I am currently 24 weeks pregnant. I had my last cervix checked maybe three to four days ago through digital examination by a doctor. It was long, closed and thick. Does this mean I...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. You have developed prepartum anxiety, no need to worry, and funneling is not there kindly go for regular prenatal checkups once in four weeks.  Read Full »