Ultrasound

I have spasm and twitching in leg. Is it due to DVT?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a calf DVT in my paired perineal veins about 4 months ago. This was probably the result of dropping a heavy object on my foot. I did not have any pain in my calf, but foot pain just foot bruising and pain that would not let up (with no fracture). I was out on Eliquis for 3 month...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This slight tightness or twitching is not classically indicative of development of DVT. This may be related to past injury or after effect of DVT. Also, there is no provoking factor now for DVT and there are no classical symptoms of DVT. I guess, provocation last tim...  Read Full »

Kindly explain my follicular study report.

Query: Hello doctor, My condition on the third day of follicular study (on the day of 15th after ovulation) report shows below: RO. DF - 08x 06 mm, LO.DF-12X11mm, E.T-1.1 Triple line point, Free fluid. Please give the above report analysis and suggestions.  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your USG report it is clear that there is a ruptured follicle and an ovum has been released into your tubes. (This is evidenced by the free fluid and the crumpled follicle mentioned in ur USG report). Your endometrium has good thickness and is ready to recieve a pr...  Read Full »

How to know that I am pregnant while on birth control pills?

Query: Hi doctor, About two weeks ago, I started having watery brown discharge as I had never seen before. My period is three days and usually, I spot a little before but more dried blood than watery light brown and not starting that early. I had a feeling I was pregnant because I was having similar sympt...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is understandable that it is quite concerning for you. First thing to know is if you were sexually active about two weeks before this happened. If yes, it is advisable to get a pregnancy test done even though you are on birth control pills. The failure rate of birth ...  Read Full »

What could be the large bruise in the back of thigh?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up a few days ago with a large bruise on the back of my left thigh. Unsure of how this happened, as I do not remember or have knowledge of hitting this area. I was drinking heavily the night before but do not believe this is a reason for the bruise. I have been working out a lo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishav Bansal

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your bruise is clearly due to hematoma. You should get a USG (ultrasound) of your thigh. Take some rest and bruise will disappear gradually. Also, if there is severe pain at that locatio...  Read Full »

Please suggest medication for my severe stomach pain.

Query: Hello doctor, My stomach hurts really bad, whenever it hurts it is very severe. Do you have any subjugation for me?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have given nonspecific history as it hurts either every day or occasionally, it has any relationship in empty stomach or after taking a meal? Is there any relieving factor or triggering factor? Your daily bowel habit? Your drinking history? Your smoking history? ...  Read Full »

How to confirm pregnancy earlier?

Query: Hello doctor, From your desk of concern, I want to ask some questions regarding my pregnancy. I have sex with my partner about five days ago. We did not use any precautions. Even though the penis is not properly ejected in my vagina but from how penetration was done and he discharge I feel some ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With unprotected sex pregnancy can happen. Pregnancy test does not come positive after five days of intercourse. You need to do one ultrasound for confirmation about pregnancy and how much growth is there and where is it growing. According to that, we will decide how ...  Read Full »

The edges of liver are abnormal in ultrasound. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45-year-old male, non-smoker and social drinker. I am a generally healthy with no underlying medical conditions, or family history of severe illness. The only thing I have been diagnosed with is idiopathic hematuria which was told to me around two years ago. I have no other sympto...  Read Full »

Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your concern. From what you have mentioned the doctor has probably identified a hemangioma which is a common finding and benign, the confirmation and characterization of a hemangioma of liver is best done with a CT scan, the chances of it being a ...  Read Full »

Please interpret my ultrasound findings for thyroid.

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know what this report means so I can list my questions. I am concerned about the internal vascular nature of this report. I am attaching my last three ultrasounds. I am looking for your interpretation of the report and want to know if there is anything worrisome. I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Shoyab

Interventional Radiologist, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your attached ultrasound reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I understand that you have a thyroid swelling (goiter) with multiple tiny nodules for which you undergo regular followups. I can also see that these nodules are quite stable and ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have irregular periods with pain in a 52-year-old female?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is facing pain at periodical time since 6 months and period facing two times in a month and it remains for 4 to 6 days. Although she never faced this situation before. My mother's age is 52 years now. What should she do now. Already visited two gynecologist and they advised ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it is obvious that your mother definitely have to go through the operation and remove the uterus. But one thing is that there is nothing I found like ovarian tumor or something like that in USG (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I h...  Read Full »

Kindly explain my ultrasound report of suspected lymphoma.

Query: Hello doctor, I had a CT scan done for suspected lymphoma because of high CRP, ESR, WBC, night sweats, and intermittent fever. It was found that there was a mass next to my trachea apart from the thyroid gland and they recommended that I have an ultrasound. Can you please review my ultrasound?  Read Full »

Dr. Ruchi Bahuguna

Radiodiagnosis Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the ultrasound images of neck provided by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a well defined hypoechoic nodule of size 1.8x1.4x0.6cm in left lateral neck with preserved central hilum- highly likely to be an enlarged cervical ...  Read Full »