Ultrasound

Can you please explain my thyroid ultrasound results to me in detail, please?

Query: I have 2 thyroid ultrasounds 2 weeks apart. The first one says tr5 the newer one says tr4. Why is there a discrepancy?  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Dear. Tr are scoring system adapted to report the findings of ultrasound of the thyroid. Appearance, size of the nodule in thyroid gland can change over period of time which is captured in the report. Rather I would say it is not discrepancy but change in size of the thyroid nodule. You have not gi...  Read Full »

Is steroid infusion the correct line of treatment for low platelets in a stable 3-year-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 3 years old. He got blood spots on his body so when we did CBC we found his Platelets were only 5000. Doctors decided to give him steroids as he was stable. After 48 hours it came down to 4500. But clinically he is stable. So what should we do now? He is in ICU right now ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The platelets count is very low. So he is having severe thrombocytopenia. The dengue is negative. So in such case it could be an acute immune thrombocytopenic purpura. He is on r...  Read Full »

My slow-growing FNH shows persistent enhancement. Do I need a biopsy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suspected for adenoma or FNH slow-growing in 2018 at 1 cm, but now it is 1.9 cm. There has been a change in the results since my last test in January. It is now saying there is a progressive internal washout with a peripheral rim of persistent enhancement.  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like to be more suggestive of hepatic adenoma. These new findings still could not make a clear cut diagnosis but still suggestive of an adenoma. Although it is a small mass, but I will suggest weight reduction and avoidance of OCP (oral contraceptive pills...  Read Full »

How thick should be the endometrial lining to indicate endometrial cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a vaginal ultrasound yesterday, and my endometrial lining showed to be 9 mm thick. I was on day 10 of my cycle according to my app. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your cycles have been regular and 26-28 days cycle, then ideally day 10 endometrial thickness should be between 6-8 mm it is slightly more than the normal. If you have been trying to conceive then it is suggested that you start using ovulation kit from day 11 dai...  Read Full »

I have spasm and twitching in leg. Is it due to DVT?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a calf DVT in my paired perineal veins about 4 months ago. This was probably the result of dropping a heavy object on my foot. I did not have any pain in my calf, but foot pain just foot bruising and pain that would not let up (with no fracture). I was out on Eliquis for 3 month...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This slight tightness or twitching is not classically indicative of development of DVT. This may be related to past injury or after effect of DVT. Also, there is no provoking factor now for DVT and there are no classical symptoms of DVT. I guess, provocation last tim...  Read Full »

Kindly explain my follicular study report.

Query: Hello doctor, My condition on the third day of follicular study (on the day of 15th after ovulation) report shows below: RO. DF - 08x 06 mm, LO.DF-12X11mm, E.T-1.1 Triple line point, Free fluid. Please give the above report analysis and suggestions.  Read Full »

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your USG report it is clear that there is a ruptured follicle and an ovum has been released into your tubes. (This is evidenced by the free fluid and the crumpled follicle mentioned in ur USG report). Your endometrium has good thickness and is ready to recieve a pr...  Read Full »

How to know that I am pregnant while on birth control pills?

Query: Hi doctor, About two weeks ago, I started having watery brown discharge as I had never seen before. My period is three days and usually, I spot a little before but more dried blood than watery light brown and not starting that early. I had a feeling I was pregnant because I was having similar sympt...  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is understandable that it is quite concerning for you. First thing to know is if you were sexually active about two weeks before this happened. If yes, it is advisable to get a pregnancy test done even though you are on birth control pills. The failure rate of birth ...  Read Full »

What could be the large bruise in the back of thigh?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up a few days ago with a large bruise on the back of my left thigh. Unsure of how this happened, as I do not remember or have knowledge of hitting this area. I was drinking heavily the night before but do not believe this is a reason for the bruise. I have been working out a lo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rishav Bansal

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attachment. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your bruise is clearly due to hematoma. You should get a USG (ultrasound) of your thigh. Take some rest and bruise will disappear gradually. Also, if there is severe pain at that locatio...  Read Full »

Please suggest medication for my severe stomach pain.

Query: Hello doctor, My stomach hurts really bad, whenever it hurts it is very severe. Do you have any subjugation for me?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have given nonspecific history as it hurts either every day or occasionally, it has any relationship in empty stomach or after taking a meal? Is there any relieving factor or triggering factor? Your daily bowel habit? Your drinking history? Your smoking history? ...  Read Full »

How to confirm pregnancy earlier?

Query: Hello doctor, From your desk of concern, I want to ask some questions regarding my pregnancy. I have sex with my partner about five days ago. We did not use any precautions. Even though the penis is not properly ejected in my vagina but from how penetration was done and he discharge I feel some ...  Read Full »

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With unprotected sex pregnancy can happen. Pregnancy test does not come positive after five days of intercourse. You need to do one ultrasound for confirmation about pregnancy and how much growth is there and where is it growing. According to that, we will decide how ...  Read Full »