Ultrasound

How are adrenal tumors diagnosed?

Query: Hi doctor,The doctor prescribed me a CT scan with contrast, but I have thyroid disease, and I have already done several CT scans this year in connection with COVID-19. Is there any difference in diagnosing adrenal tumors if I undergo an MRI scan without contrast on a modern, powerful machine?  Read Full »

Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed

Endocrinologist, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For the adrenal gland, first is to do the hormone tests, and if these suggest any abnormalities, then to go for imaging. There are numerous imaging modalities, including CT (computed tomography), MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) imaging, ultrasonography (US), and nuclea...  Read Full »

What happens if you have a tumor in your pancreas?

Query: Hi doctor, My father has a problem with the abdomen. He is not able to pass stool in a normal way (doing it as vomiting). We admitted him to the hospital. After examination of the reports, the results were as given: Ultrasound- bowel loops. CECT- might be a carcinoid tumor. So please help m...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome you to icliniq.com. I am very much sad to hear about your father's condition. I have seen the reports you uploaded. Unfortunately, this is a tumor of the pancreas and which is an advanced stage, which means not much can be done except supportive treatment. But remember, the advanced...  Read Full »

Can you please explain my thyroid ultrasound results to me in detail, please?

Query: Hi doctor,I have done two thyroid ultrasounds before two weeks. The first one predicted tr5 while the other one shows tr4. Why do I have this discrepancy?  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tr scoring system are used to interpret the findings of the ultrasound of the thyroid. The appearance and size of the nodule changes over a period of time and so it is captured in the report. I will not say it as a discrepancy but there is a change in the size of the th...  Read Full »

How is a ganglion cyst formed?

Query: Hi doctor, My 4-year-old daughter had dropped a heavy toy on her leg, and there was swelling. I took an ultrasound, and the report stated that it is a hypoechoic region, which is fluid surrounding the bone. Though it has reduced in size, it is not entirely gone. Is there any medicine to make it van...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, that is a ganglion, which would have been already there before the injury, but you would not have noticed it. The injury was just a coincidence. There is no need to worry about it because most ganglion regresses on its own with time. If not, they are completely as...  Read Full »

My ultrasound report suggested a single fibroid. Can I have leiomyosarcoma?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 45 years old and I have a fibroid. I did an ultrasound last week. It looks like an interior fibroid and it started to degenerate. I have this issue for a couple of years. My doctor suggests me to do a biopsy to rule out leiomyosarcoma. I have attached the ultrasound report. My ultraso...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though there are rare chances to have leiomyosarcoma, it is always better to get checked once by the gynecologist. The degenerative changes and increase in the size of the tumor arise as suspicions. Though it could be a simple degenerative fibroid, it should be examined...  Read Full »

Could epididymitis gets cured by doing surgery?

Query: Hi doctor,Recently, I was diagnosed with epididymitis. I have pain behind my right testicle. I took Doxycycline for ten days and I stopped it. After that, I took Ciprofloxacin for five days. I do not have changes so far and I am worried. Do I need surgery to remove my epididymis?   Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Epididymoorchitis is an inflammatory condition and it usually settles down by taking antibiotics. The response depends on the causative organism. Usually, culture gives a clear picture of the type of organism and shows the type of antibiotics that works efficiently agai...  Read Full »

What causes a tiny enlargement on the left side of the neck after getting cold?

Query: Hi doctor,I had a cold before fifteen days. When I was bathing, I felt a tiny enlargement on the left side of the neck. It was very tiny in the size of a half-sized pea. It was not visible and it is felt only when it is pressed. I got panic. So I visited the doctor and he told me that he does not fe...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After carefully reading your detailed history, it seems like an enlarged neck node. I would like to ask you a few questions to help you treat the condition better. Please mention whether you had a fever or an evening rise of temperature, loss of weight, and sore throat....  Read Full »

Is steroid infusion the correct line of treatment for low platelets in a stable 3-year-old kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 3 years old. He got blood spots on his body so when we did CBC we found his Platelets were only 5000. Doctors decided to give him steroids as he was stable. After 48 hours it came down to 4500. But clinically he is stable. So what should we do now? He is in ICU right now ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I have seen the attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The platelets count is very low. So he is having severe thrombocytopenia. The dengue is negative. So in such case it could be an acute immune thrombocytopenic purpura. He is on r...  Read Full »

My slow-growing FNH shows persistent enhancement. Do I need a biopsy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suspected for adenoma or FNH slow-growing in 2018 at 1 cm, but now it is 1.9 cm. There has been a change in the results since my last test in January. It is now saying there is a progressive internal washout with a peripheral rim of persistent enhancement.  Read Full »

Dr. Mian Shah Yousaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like to be more suggestive of hepatic adenoma. These new findings still could not make a clear cut diagnosis but still suggestive of an adenoma. Although it is a small mass, but I will suggest weight reduction and avoidance of OCP (oral contraceptive pills...  Read Full »

How thick should be the endometrial lining to indicate endometrial cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a vaginal ultrasound yesterday, and my endometrial lining showed to be 9 mm thick. I was on day 10 of my cycle according to my app. Is this normal?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your cycles have been regular and 26-28 days cycle, then ideally day 10 endometrial thickness should be between 6-8 mm it is slightly more than the normal. If you have been trying to conceive then it is suggested that you start using ovulation kit from day 11 dai...  Read Full »