Q. Why do I catch a cold with fever too often?

Published on Jul 06, 2019

Why do I catch a cold with fever too often? Symptoms include head pain, body pain, coughing, etc. I am a male, age 24 years, height 5'11", weight 72 kg.

Hematology Pathology
#

You can have repeated upper respiratory tract infection. For that DNS (deviated nasal septum), polyp, etc., like nose pathology should be ruled out by rhinoscopy nose examination. Allergic testing can be done to find causative allergen which can lead to allergic upper respiratory tract infection. Meanwhile, for symptomatic relief, you can be prescribed decongestant like Levocetirizine for five days. Take half teaspoon ginger juice and half teaspoon honey which can be mixed and taken when having cold. You can consult otorhinolaryngologist or physician for examination.

Fever in Babies: When to Call the Doctor

Article Overview: Fever is a non-specific symptom. When babies have fever, it can be traumatic for the parents as well, because they are unsure of what is causing it and how to soothe the baby. Adding to their anxiety, the baby is unable to explain his/ her discomfort in words. This article deals with how to take care of a baby who is down with fever and when to seek medical help. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Child Health Specialist

Fever is not an illness by itself, but a symptom. It can be due to virus or bacteria. Viral fevers that come with the common flu or cold tend to subside within three days. They do not require antibiotics as these medicines have no effect on the virus. On the other hand, bacterial fevers like urinary...  Read Article

Other than earwax, what can cause clogged ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I had cold a few days ago. During that time, my ear was clogged. I originally thought that it was earwax, but I tried everything for earwax and it did not help. It has been a few days now and I am trying to find out what might be wrong. Please help.  Read Full »

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »