Valsartan

Why do I have fluctuating blood pressure?

Query: Hello doctor, During the day up to the afternoon, I have a blood pressure of 130/80. In the afternoon, it is 160/90 or 160/95. What should I do? I am a diabetic person with and heart failure. My current medications are Valsartan 80 mg in the morning, Bisoprolol 10 mg, Furosemide 25 mg, and Metild...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have heart failure. What is the ejection fraction? Valsartan is recommended to be taken twice a day in heart failure. This will also lower your blood pressure. Record BP by following the proper method. Moreover, you are taking Lercanidipine, which should be a...  Read Full »

What effect would late night sleep have on elevated blood pressure?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. My BP reading is 160/115 mmHg and I am sleeping late. Please advise what I should do.  Read Full »

Dr. Ahmed Goha

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You need to start taking medication to lower down your BP pressure. Additional tests are needed to exclude secondary causes of high BP and ensure no end-organ damage as high BP can affect the heart and kidney.  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with LVH in ECG. Is this disease curable with Diovan?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old male. Recently I was diagnosed with LVH in ECG (possible LVH). My cholesterol level was 175, and pressure was 90/150. Now pressure came down to 80/135. I am taking Diovan 80 and I have little chest pain. Is this disease curable with this medicine? The sugar level is...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is reversible and is caused by high blood pressure for a long time. When the heart has to exert more against raised BP, it hypertrophies just like an athlete when exercises, his muscles undergo hypertrophy, same is with heart. So wh...  Read Full »