Vegf

Why do I have sudden blurry vision in the left eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44 year old female. Two weeks ago, I suddenly developed a blurry vision in the left eye. I have no pain and I never had any eye problems. I do not have anyone in the family who had this. I see no black or gray spots. I still see all the colors, but distorted. I went to the doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, I would like to know the refractive error of your left eye and secondly, I request you to attach an image of the angiography of the last frame taken at five minutes. After seeing th...  Read Full »

There is a hemorrhage in the eye and a cotton wool spot. Is this serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I have recently had an eye test done and it revealed that I have astigmatism, also there is a hemorrhage 2 DD superior to macula 2 DD in the left eye and a cotton wool spot 2.5 DD supero-temporal to the optician's disc in the right eye. I am hypertensive but my BP is under control wit...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this probably is related to hypertension. You are currently suffering from hypertensive retinopathy. Now your BP is under control but previous longterm episodes of uncontrolled BP has led to the narrowing of blood vessels in your retina and this has led to a re...  Read Full »

What is causing vision problems in both the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the scan reports of my aunt. She is 54 years old, diabetic, and hypertensive. She is on medication to control sugar and BP. She had an eye surgery before one year for some nerve problem in one of her eyes. The reason given by the ophthalmologist was diabetes. Now, her comp...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a blood clot in the retina of the left eye of your aunt. This is not due to diabetes per say it may be a contributing factor. Here is what she should do: Anti VEGF (vascular...  Read Full »