Q. What is causing vision problems in both the eyes?

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

I have attached the scan reports of my aunt. She is 54 years old, diabetic, and hypertensive. She is on medication to control sugar and BP. She had an eye surgery before one year for some nerve problem in one of her eyes. The reason given by the ophthalmologist was diabetes. Now, her complaint is vision problem in both the eyes. The scan report was attached. Today her random blood sugar is 300. As I am far from them, I could not collect more information to present here. Kindly interpret the report and explain the problem in detail. Please explain the treatment part as well. Thank you so much.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have gone through the files (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a blood clot in the retina of the left eye of your aunt.

This is not due to diabetes per say it may be a contributing factor.

Here is what she should do:

1. Anti VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) injections are needed to be given in her left eye every month for three months.
  2. After first injection focal laser also needs to be applied on her eye.
  3. After three months all these investigations shall be repeated to assess the status and whether further injections are required or not.
  4. Kindly also consult a cardiologist to rule out any cardiac problem.
  5. Control her diabetes so that injections can be given. It should be below 150 mg %.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|