Q. Had corneal transplant and my vision is opaque now. Is this rejection?

Dr. Anand
Published on Apr 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 10, 2020

I am having vision problem in my right eye. I had corneal transplant done and no stitches have been removed. My vision is opaque now. Is this possibly a rejection? For the eye, I am using Prednisolone, Timolol, antibiotic eye drops and Muro 128. I am diabetic and also taking medicines for blood pressure, cholesterol, depression and prostate problem. Please help.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• The outcome of the corneal transplant usually depends on the cause for which it is done.
  • If it is done for optical reasons (vision) then vision is usually good.
  • If it is done for therapeutic reasons (to save the collapse of the eye ball) then the visual outcome is poor.
  • In your case it can be either transplant failure or rejection. This may be precipitated by diabetes.
  • Also, sutures are not removed unless they are causing irritation in the eyes (not before six months at least).
  • If you had a good vision before surgery then you are most likely to get even better vision after surgery.
  • Keep using the same drops for three months and decrease the frequency of use as the time process and symptoms decrease.
  • Please send high quality pictures of your eyes and old records for more suggestions.

Revert back with the photos to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

What is causing vision problems in both the eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached the scan reports of my aunt. She is 54 years old, diabetic, and hypertensive. She is on medication to control sugar and BP. She had an eye surgery before one year for some nerve problem in one of her eyes. The reason given by the ophthalmologist was diabetes. Now, her comp...  Read Full »

My eyes are paining as I slept with contact lenses. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I am using contact lenses daily. But yesterday, I slept with it in my eyes. When I woke up, my eyes were red and itching. It is painful, and water is coming out continuously from my eyes. Please help.  Read Full »

I have frequent and recurring stye problem.Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have frequent and recurring stye problem. Please advise.  Read Full »