Q. How to resolve peripheral vision problem?

Dr. Anand
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2020

I am suffering from peripheral vision for the past one year. I cannot control my peripheral vision by ignoring the people just beside my main vision. It is much wider than foveal vision and it seems like I am staring the person. Please help me to resolve this.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• This is very rare and can happen both in neurological and retinal problems.
  • Can you give more details about the problem? How it started and what is the duration?
  • Do you have any history of injury? How old are you?
  • Are you using any glasses? What is the vision?
  • Please send your pictures of your eyes and old records for more clear diagnosis and treatment.

Revert back with the report and answers to the above question to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

There is no history of injury. I am a 22 year old male. For one year, I am suffering from serious schizophrenia and other psychological disorder. First, I thought that people are talking about me even strange. I did not know that I am suffering from a disorder, so as a move to resist I tried to ignore them. Limiting the answer towards eye, I do not look at people, but my mind always wanted to view them. Slowly, I went to unintentional viewing people with peripheral vision. Now my psychological diseases are controlled and I am normal, but this eye thing always troubles me. My psychiatrist could not help me with this part. I cannot watch a blackboard or television at public place because of the fear that I will unwillingly stare people in my view. Like my teenage time, I cannot talk to a person without paying attention to a person say 40 degrees away from it. Wearing an eye glass with broad frames on the side slightly help me by blocking my side view. I am using 1.5 power glasses for both right and left eye only in the classroom, which was prescribed before seven years by the doctor. I am attaching the pictures of my eye.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have gone through the pictures of your eyes (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• There are no appreciable problems with your eyes. It looks more of neurological or psychological problems.
  • It is best to wear glasses with restricted view frames till you get used to vision problems. Also, check your glass power once.
  • Get a neurologist's opinion to rule out any nerve problem.

For further information consult an eye care opthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|