Q. This is the fourth time I am changing my spectacles. I have a headache. What do I do?

Dr. Dada Peer K
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 28, 2014 and last reviewed on: Sep 26, 2018

I am a 21 year old male. This is the fourth time I am changing my spectacles. But this time, the spectacles are hurting my ears and my right eye. And I also have a headache. What do I do?

Dr. Dada Peer K

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

From the history, it seems that you are having a refractive error with frequent change of spectacles.

The probable cause for your headache is the change in the refractive error.

I advise you to undergo refraction testing and change your spectacles according to the refractive power required.

Since you are have been frequently changing your spectacles you need to go for retinoscopy under cycloplegia by using dilating eye drops.

|