Q. I have low levels of vitamin B12. How to manage it?

Dr. Aida Abaz Quka

I have low levels of vitamin B12. I have to take vitamin B12. Every time, when I take them, I get a terrible spine pain, and I feel very tired. Please help.

#

Your symptoms are related to vitamin B12 adverse effects. I would like to know your vitamin B12 plasma levels. You can take it as an injection once a month.

My plasma level is 191 ng/L. I have taken Jamieson 1000 mcg sublingual.

#

I recommend a muscular injection of 1000 mcg every month. This type of administration is invasive. But it shows a little side effect, and it is better absorbed when compared to the sublingual form.

|