Common "Vitamin C Serum" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Vitamin C Serum

Vitamin C serum is used as an anti-aging product, which makes your skin glow, smooth, and even. The benefits are it is safe to use, hydrates and brightens the skin, even outs the skin tone, reduces dark spots, and prevents sun damage and skin sagging.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My friend looks dull and tanned after being out. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,My friend is 25 years old, but she looks dull and tanned after being under the sun while coming to the office. Please provide us with guidance on optimal sunscreen usage and overall skincare practices. Also, could you offer personalized advice on selecting the right sunscreen for differ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello,Welcome to understand your concern.To provide personalized guidance on sunscreen usage and skin care practices for your friend, I will outline general recommendations. However, it is essential to consult a dermatologist or a skincare professional for a tailored plan based on your...  Read Full »

Please advise me on the best treatment for tan removal.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23-year-old man and I have been dealing with a tan for the past eight years. The tan covers my entire face, but when I grow a beard for a month and then shave it off, my skin returns to its original color. I am wondering if my tan is deep, stubborn, or easily removable. Experts ...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understood your concern. Firstly, I would like to inform you that tanning occurs as a result of sun exposure. When you grow a beard, the hair acts as a protective barrier for the skin underneath, making it appear fairer when you shave. The tan y...  Read Full »

How to get rid of dark circles and frizzy hair?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 17 years old. I have frizzy hair and dark circles.  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to For dark circles, avoid having stress. Have eight hours of sleep every day. Apply vitamin C serum at night. For frizzy hair, mix one tablespoon of Betamethasone lotion with two tablespoons of olive oil and apply it on the scalp twice a week at night.  Read Full »

I have eyelid indentation caused due to toothpaste. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old and I once in my lifetime applied toothpaste on my bottom eyelid trying to help with the dark circles I had but then I had an irritation there and the next morning I had a scab which later fell off and left an indentation on my end eye that looks like an ugly wrinkle...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra. P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. The indentation below the eyelids as I can see the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity) could have been due to two things. Toothpaste that you had applied might have caused contact dermatitis and in turn skin thinning in th...  Read Full »

Why do I get a rash from face cream and vitamin C serum?

Query: Hello doctor,After three weeks of utilizing a skin barrier face cream, cleanser, and vitamin C serum, my skin developed a rash. The rash began three days ago.Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. If you have developed a rash after using face cream, cleanser, and vitamin C serum for three weeks, it is possible that you may be experiencing an allergic reaction or sensitivity to one or more of these products. Here...  Read Full »

I have tanned skin. Please suggest whitening pills.

Query: Hello, I am a 22 year old, male. I have a very sensitive skin, even after using sunscreens, it is tanned. Suggest me any skin whitening pills.  Read Full »

Dr. Kalpana Pathak

Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing to us. As such there are no skin whitening pills. Glutathione pills are marketed as skin whitening pill, but its use is not recommended by doctors. It is essential to know how you use your sunscreen. Sunscreens with SPF 30 are good for regular use. Sunscreen should be a...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest Vitamin C serums for removing brown spots from face.

Query: Hello doctor, My sister's age is 28, normal, sensitive skin. She is having brown spots on her face. Can you please suggest the best Vitamin C serums for removing brown spots on her face without any side effects? Is there any other options (simple and safe) for removing such brown spots?  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to There are many causes for brown spots on face, it could be: 1. Freckles. 2. DPN- Dermatosis papulosa nigra. 3. Melasma. 4. Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Treatment is different for each, it is very difficult to suggest any treatment for you without seeing you...  Read Full »

I have rough skin on my face. How to limit the signs of aging?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 26-year-old male with quite rough skin on my face, which I am not happy with. I was wondering if you could provide me with some advice on what I can do to limit the signs of aging, specifically forehead lines and also the dry look on my skin. I think my problem is sun damage. I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Yes, you can go for Botox (Botulinum toxin) nevertheless I would suggest you to use Cellex C serum and Hydra 5B complex twice daily. It contains vitamin C, which is a potent antioxidant, helps in collagen synthesis.Hence, alteration of aging sign and carries no side eff...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.