Q. Please tell me about the best tan removal treatment available.

Dr. Syed Shakeel Akthar

What is the best tan removal treatment for me? I am suffering from tan since 16. I am now 23. My tan is all over my face, but when I put on a beard for a month and then shave it off, it all goes away back to original. Is my tan deep or stubborn or easily removable? Sunscreen application is recommended every two hours. I am thinking of day Vitamin C serum application. I need to wash my face with water before re-applying sunscreen? Can I wash my face? Will washing off for sunscreen reapplication deter the efficacy of Vitamin C serum?

#

Tanning is due to sun. When you grow beard your hair protects the underneath skin hence it looks fair when you shave. Tan is not deep or stubborn. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Keep Vitamin C application in evening and night and sunscreen should be used only when you go out in sun. It is useless to use sunscreen when at home. Any medication applied leave it for 2 to 3 hours before washing.

|