Vitrectomy

My mother is not able to see things clearly because of ERM. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 59-years-old. Her height 5'2 and weight 66. She has ERM in eyes, and so, she is not able to see correctly. She has done the OCT test twice this year. 1. Observed ERM in both eyes. 2. ILM RPE central subfield thickness is 387. 3. Cube volume is 12.1. 4. Cube average th...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has problem in macular region in which there is decreased vision mostly central vision. Epiretinal membrane has thickened on the retina. Most cases improve on medication. Of vision is degrading. It has to be surgically corrected by doing vitrectomy intraretinal ...  Read Full »

How to recover lens from vitreous with endophthalmitis infection?

Query: Hi doctor, What is the next step done after cataract surgery when the cataract is falling into vitreous? Does it require vitrectomy surgery to recover lens from vitreous followed by streptococcus bacteria causing endophthalmitis infection and multiple antibiotic injections? The doctor examined and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The lens falling into vitreous followed by endophthalmitis requires intravitreal antibiotic injections, and if the patient's visual acuity deteriorates further, then vitrectomy is necessary. Regarding the corneal transplant, it is usually done in a disease entity called...  Read Full »

What is retinal detachment?

Query: Hi doctor, While blinking my eyes, some round shaped image is appearing in my left eyelid. I seek doctor’s advice and he said that I have a retinal detachment. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The round images you see are called floaters. These are associated with posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). With PVD there may be a break or hole in retina and that can lead to retinal detachment (RD). With retinal detachment initially there may be a curtain in the visua...  Read Full »