Warts

What are the flesh-colored bumps on my tonsil?

Query: Hi doctor, I have two yellowish tint flesh colored bumps are connected on my tonsil. They form an alphabet "B" if you look at the side of them. They do not hurt and it is smooth with no irritation. I have had allergies and stuffiness for months now. I am really scared of HPV. I am a hypochondriac. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the details you have given me your throat seems to be normal. The tonsils are seen very clearly in the picture you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Do you have any other complaint anywhere else? HPV - human papilloma virus generally form papill...  Read Full »

I applied acid on wart and it is not healing. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a wart on my foot. I used highly acidic vinegar on it. It burnt and became worse. I used ancient oil on it and it swelled and now it looks like a big black-brown in color. It is not recovering. What should I do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have burnt the superficial skin over the foot by applying the acid. The wart can be simply treated by co2 laser or cryotherapy like good treatment option. Now over burnt skin, you can apply moisturizer. No other specific treatment needs to be done. I suggest you ...  Read Full »

How to Remove Warts on Your Face?

Query: Hello doctor, Small skin warts are spreading on my face and neck drastically. Can you please suggest the cure for this kind of a virus infection? It started one and a half months back. But, I only recently realized that it is multiplying.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is verruca planae. It is caused by the human papilloma virus. Avoid shaving until you completely get rid of the virus. Start Zinfate or Zitcare tablets twice daily for three months. It is a pure zinc tablet which boosts up your immunity. I suggest you plan...  Read Full »

What Should I Do For Facial Warts?

Query: Hi doctor, I am getting facial warts again and again at the same place. I go for swimming every day. Is it because of that? I have undergone laser treatment twice and it went away with it. Now, again I have the same problem. What should I do? Is there anything that I can apply as I do not want to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Facial warts occur due to HPV (human papilloma virus) and some people are more susceptible to it due to some complex immunological parameters. They are too notorious to recur and avoid shaving for some time. Also, the probable treatment is electrocautery. Going to...  Read Full »

How to manage the scab that occur after removal of wart through laser?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a bump on my arm. I thought it was a burn so I broke it and it became more prominent. It was there for almost two months. So I went to a skin doctor, and they said it is a wart from a germ. They gave me three options. Either apply a cream, liquid nitrogen, and laser (C02fl). I c...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, it is posted inflammatory scab or crust. You need not to worry about this lesion. Whenever wart is treated either with lotion or with cautery or with CO2 laser, in the end,...  Read Full »

I have painless, non-itchy bumps on penis. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I was hoping someone could help me determine what these newfound bumps on my penis are. I have not been sexually active for the past eight months. But recently I have seen three bumps appeared on my penis. They do not cause any discomfort or itching, but I am concerned. They are not i...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please send a few more good quality photographs. It could be molluscum contagiosum.  Read Full »

Is wart-like growth on the penis contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My weight is 140 lbs and height is 6'3". I am doing a computer-based job. My diet is poor for the past 2-1/2 years. As I often work at night my sleep too gets disturbed. I am single and never had sexual contact with anyone. There is no history of skin disease, smoking ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chaitra Prakash

Cosmetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and relevant pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I appreciate the same. As I can see that you do not have any signs of wart or contagious disease, please relax. The lesion you are having is just a dilated hair ...  Read Full »

What could a small pink lump on the back of the calf be?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiance has noticed a small pink lump (probably smaller than a pencil eraser) on the back of her calf. I have attached pictures of the same. She thinks it is only a few months old and may have grown in size to some extent. But she is not sure, and it could have been there longer. It ...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzzaif U Mansuri

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is mostly a wart. Melanoma is generally black in color and is very rarely seen in young age. This lesion of hers has mostly no feature of melanoma. Wart occurs due to one of these reasons s...  Read Full »

Is the lesion on my scalp a mole or wart?

Query: Hi doctor, Two years ago, I went to a dermatologist to remove a lesion on my scalp. She told me it was a mole and it will regrow again. They checked it and it was not cancerous. So yes, it will regrow again and I am worried because of the aspect. I want to be sure it is a mole, not a wart because i...  Read Full »

Dr. Gauri Kshirsagar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for posting your question on icliniq. As per the photograph you have sent me (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it does look like a wart, I will make the following points, to support my observation. As you have said, they checked it and it was not...  Read Full »

What are the small painless growths in the anus area?

Query: Hello doctor, I have small growths in my anus area like small polyps (like berries). Is this life threatening? Or is this something to worry about? There is no pain and bleeding. I have small growths in my anus area like small polyps (like berries). Is this life threatening? Or is this something to...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is human papilloma viral infection, we call them as warts. Nothing serious and plan for cryotherapy as soon as possible by consulting a dermatologist near you.  Read Full »