What Should I Do For Facial Warts?

Q. What should I do for facial warts?

Answered by
Dr. Subhash Kashyap
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 03, 2023

Hi doctor,

I am getting facial warts again and again at the same place. I go for swimming every day. Is it because of that? I have undergone laser treatment twice and it went away with it. Now, again I have the same problem. What should I do? Is there anything that I can apply as I do not want to get laser treatment again and again? I have enclosed my picture. Please help me.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Facial warts occur due to HPV (human papilloma virus) and some people are more susceptible to it due to some complex immunological parameters. They are too notorious to recur and avoid shaving for some time. Also, the probable treatment is electrocautery. Going to the swimming pool will not affect their behavior as you are already infected. But, you should use separate towels to prevent other susceptible persons from getting infected. We are having a good response to high doses of Zinc given for at least eight weeks. I suggest you take a tablet of Ascazin (Zinc) three times daily for eight weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her, and take the medicine with their consent. Zinc has no side effects if taken orally and it boosts natural immunity to this virus. Consult a dermatologist and ask for electrocautery. This is equally good in destroying them in expert hands.

Thank you doctor,

I am confused with electrocautery and laser treatment. Basically, after giving local anesthesia with injection in that place, with some point needle they removed the warts. I will try the above medicine. Is there any external lotion to apply so that it can cure faster? Please suggest me.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Fine, if you have undergone through electrocautery, it is like welding. If properly anesthetized, then you will not feel any pain. Topical treatment is not effective in this as it is a stubborn, thick skin, which has to be destroyed. Overenthusiastic removal can lead to scarring or blemish. I will advise electrocautery and tablets as early.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Can I switch from Metronidazole to Soolantra cream for rosacea?

To begin with, you first have to start using a sunscreen regularly, preferably a one with physical blockers such a titanium dioxide or zinc oxide, in the mornings ...   Read full

What should I do for facial warts?

Hi doctor, I am getting facial warts again and again at the same place ... Facial warts occur due to HPV (human papilloma virus) and some people are more susceptible to it due to some complex im   Read full

What is the treatment for venereal warts?

.. are usually acquired by sexual contact. If the lesions are small, you can apply Imiquimod ointment on them for few days and they will clear. If they are extensive, then you should undergo laser cauterization or cryocautery.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Dermatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.