Q. What should I do for facial warts?

Dr. Subhash Kashyap
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 30, 2019

I am getting facial warts again and again at the same place. I go for swimming every day. Is it because of that? I have undergone laser treatment twice and it went away with it. Now, again I have the same problem. What should I do? Is there anything that I can apply as I do not want to get laser treatment again and again? I have enclosed my picture. Please help me.

#

Facial warts occur due to HPV (human papilloma virus) and some people are more susceptible to it due to some complex immunological parameters.

They are too notorious to recur and avoid shaving for some time. Also, the probable treatment is electrocautery.

Going to the swimming pool will not affect their behavior as you are already infected. But, you should use separate towels to prevent other susceptible person getting infected.

• We are having a good response to high dose Zinc given for at least eight weeks. I suggest you to take a tablet Ascazin (Zinc) three times daily for eight weeks. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with their consent.
  • Zinc has no side effect if taken orally and it boosts natural immunity to this virus.
  • Consult a dermatologist and ask for electrocautery. This is equally good in destroying them in expert hands.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am confused with electrocautery and laser treatment. Basically, after giving local anesthesia with injection in that place, with some point needle they removed the warts. I will try the above medicine. Is there any external lotion to apply so that it can cure faster? Please suggest me.

#

• Fine, if you have undergone through electrocautery, it is like welding. If properly anesthetized, then you will not feel any pain.
  • Topical treatment is not effective in this as it is a stubborn, thick skin, which has to be destroyed.
  • Overenthusiastic removal can lead to scarring or blemish. I will advise electrocautery and tablets as early.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|