Q. I'm having Fever with loose motions. Plz suggest medicines?

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have loose motions for three days. On the first day, I went to the washroom for eight times, but today it has come down to four times. Today, I also had a fever. The first day I took Metrogyl 400 mg thrice a day. What should I do?

#

The most common cause of an acute watery diarrhea in adults is a bacterial infection which is caused by various organisms.

Metrogyl (Metronidazole) is an antiprotozoal which does not cause relief in your case as it is not an antibiotic.

Hydrate yourself with plenty of ORS (Oral rehydration salts) powder and oral liquids.

I suggest you start tablet Ofloxacin 200 mg twice a day, VSL#3 (probiotic) capsule once a day, and capsule Redotil (Racecadotril) 100 mg thrice a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the above medicines with their consent.

You should go to a physician if the fever and diarrhea persist.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|