Q. Is there any permanent cure for sugar allergy and lactose intolerance?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md. and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Do you have a question on Lactose Intolerance or Allergy? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 71 year old male, and I am allergic to sugar and eating preparations containing sugar. If I consume sugary substances, I develop internal bleeding in the intestinal tract I presume. But I can tolerate fruits; they cause no problem. I am having this problem for the last 15 years. Lately, for the past four years, I have become lactose intolerant. I want to know whether there is any way I can overcome this sugar allergy problem.