Q. Is there any permanent cure for sugar allergy and lactose intolerance?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
Published on Aug 06, 2017

I am a 71 year old male, and I am allergic to sugar and eating preparations containing sugar. If I consume sugary substances, I develop internal bleeding in the intestinal tract I presume. But I can tolerate fruits; they cause no problem. I am having this problem for the last 15 years. Lately, for the past four years, I have become lactose intolerant. I want to know whether there is any way I can overcome this sugar allergy problem.

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiology Critical Care Physician General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have reviewed your health query and can understand well that you are worried about your health due to sugar intolerance.

• Unfortunately, this is where you cannot do much to cure completely. Only thing we can do is to avoid direct intake of sugar. Now you are also intolerant to lactose, so lactose-free diet is the only option you have.
  • Actually, your body does not have the ability to digest and assimilate sugars, the way a normal human body can do. And you are not alone in this category. There are tons of people who have some kind of allergy that others do not have.

Hope it helps. Please feel free to ask more questions if you need answers. I would be happy to assist.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

My allergy does not subside with 10 mg Cetirizine. Should I take 20 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking 10 mg Singulair and 10 mg Cetirizine for five years for allergies, asthma, and Lyme. I just got two more kittens, and the medicines do not work anymore. I am miserable and desperate. I asked my doctor to give me 20 mg of Cetirizine and something else because I think ...  Read Full »

Have allergy problems. I always have runny nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and coughing and cannot breathe normally.

Query: Hello, I have been having allergy problems for many years. I cannot breathe from my nose even if it is not blocked because I feel like I get less oxygen from my nose. I also have asthma and as the seasons change my allergies react. I always have running nose or sore throat or excessive sneezing and ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest an ointment for quick relief of these itchy bumps.

Query: Hi doctor, I have this skin reaction for around a month now. They are itchy, red and tiny bumps. My doctor gave my Zatamil ointment to use but after that ointment I feel it as spreading. Is there any other ointment that can help to get rid of it quickly?  Read Full »