Q. Is there any permanent cure for sugar allergy and lactose intolerance?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

I am a 71 year old male, and I am allergic to sugar and eating preparations containing sugar. If I consume sugary substances, I develop internal bleeding in the intestinal tract I presume. But I can tolerate fruits; they cause no problem. I am having this problem for the last 15 years. Lately, for the past four years, I have become lactose intolerant. I want to know whether there is any way I can overcome this sugar allergy problem.

#

I have reviewed your health query and can understand well that you are worried about your health due to sugar intolerance.

• Unfortunately, this is where you cannot do much to cure completely. Only thing we can do is to avoid direct intake of sugar. Now you are also intolerant to lactose, so lactose-free diet is the only option you have.
  • Actually, your body does not have the ability to digest and assimilate sugars, the way a normal human body can do. And you are not alone in this category. There are tons of people who have some kind of allergy that others do not have.

Hope it helps. Please feel free to ask more questions if you need answers. I would be happy to assist.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|