Q. Is it normal to have white discharge after unprotected intercourse?

Dr. Nadia Khan

I am a 20-year-old female. I had my last periods, last month for four days. I had unprotected intercourse on the next day after my periods. But he did not cum inside (not sure about precum). Next month I found some white sticky thing outside my vagina, and there was white discharge (only drops) for two days. My periods were four days late. From the past four days, I am having lower back ache, lower abdominal pain (sometimes cramps), and leg pain. I had done a home pregnancy test yesterday (which is two days after a missed period), and the test was negative. Is there anything to worry about?

#

No, there is nothing to worry about. That was a usual vaginal discharge which usually increases during mid-cycle due to estrogen surge in the body. It is a normal phenomenon. I would advise you to get a regular birth control method for your peace of mind.

Are there any chances of pregnancy? We do not have intercourses quite often. If we had we make sure that it is protected. That was the first time we had unprotected intercourse. So I am a little worried about it. I just wanted to ask you why birth control is needed?

#

There are no chances of pregnancy as your pregnancy test is already negative and you are having protected sex each time. My advice for birth control was to start taking it regularly to avoid accidents happening in case of unprotected episodes in the future and to feel more in control of the situation. I hope it works for you. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

|