Q. I get a white discharge. Does it indicate any problem?

I am 26 years old. I recently got engaged. When my partner speaks with me, I get some intimacy towards him. At that time, I feel closeness. At that time, I get a white discharge. Does it indicate any problem? Last month, I got my periods on the 12th. This month, I have not got my periods. Generally, I get my periods two to three days ahead.

#

It is normal to get excited when you talk to your fiance.

White discharge is usually due to fungal infection which is very common in females.

I suggest taking a single tablet of Fluconazole 150 mg. That will settle the issue. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

If you have not had sex last month, then there is no worry about the delayed period. However, if you have done something last month, then you need to do a pregnancy test.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I am getting periods monthly once. But the days of bleeding varies every month between two or three days. Will this cause any problem in the future?

#

Generally, the period occurs after every 28 days and lasts for three to five days. Depending on hemoglobin and stress level, it may get pre or postponed by two days.

| 

Is it possible for a fungal infection to cause low-grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»