Q. Will the white patches on the skin of my testicles go away?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I am a 23-year old dark-skinned male. I noticed that the skin on my testicles had some white patches ten days back. They do not itch or burn. They are just there. I do not have any significant disease or illness. In the past few days, three or four more patches have come. Is this a skin infection or some other problem?

#

I would like to know the answer to the following questions in detail.

1) Is there any history of genital scabies?

2) Did you scratch or rub excessively?

3) Did you maintain improper genital hygiene?

4) Do you have dry skin?

I have never had this issue before. I do not usually scratch or rub my genitals. Sometimes shift it from right to left, which is normal. But have not done rigorous or rough itching. I would consider genital hygiene to be good. However, I do wear jeans for prolonged periods which sometimes causes sweating in that area. I am not sure about dry skin.

#

It is a superficial fungal infection with dryness (scrotal eczema), and I would suggest the following :

1. Avoid occlusive, tight inners or jeans. And wear loose, comfortable thin cotton inners.
  2. Avoid occlusion or friction.
  3. Apply Miconazole cream twice daily, in the morning and night for three weeks, and Mupirocin ointment in the evening for ten days.
  4. Wash the area with a gentle cleansing solution or No soap cleanser daily.
  5. Use a gentle moisturizer daily after bath for 20 days.
  6. Use Azelaic acid soap for a bath for two months.
  7. Keep a check on sugar levels.

Thank you for answering. Are there any side effects of the ointments and creams mentioned earlier?

Is this anything severe? And will the skin color go back to normal with regular use of the creams?

#

There are no side effects of the above-mentioned cream or ointment. It is a superficial fungal infection with dryness. It will take three to four weeks to go. Avoid activities that cause sweating. Maintain proper genital hygiene. Stay in a well-ventilated or cool environment. Wear loose, comfortable thin cotton inners. Avoid scratching and rubbing.

|