Q. I have white patches in mouth due to cheek biting. Please advise.

Dr. Tinu Thampy

I am a 30-year-old male. I had cheek biting on the left side and left upper wisdom tooth was removed a month back. After that, cheek biting has subsided. Now, I have noticed white line and patch adjacent to lower left wisdom teeth and some white dots over cheek. Near it, there is no pain. Similarly, I have mild cheek swelling on the right side and white spot on the right cheek with no pain. Can you suggest the management without tooth extraction? I am enclosing my OPG and photos. Please give your advice.

#

The white patch and line seen on the buccal mucosa may be due to the cheek biting. The upper left wisdom tooth has been extracted hardly one month back. It will take another 3 to 6 months for these white patches to disappear. If it still persists, do trimming of the sharp cusps of other third molar teeth or extract them.

Traumatic keratosis

| 

Severe pain with bad breath and taste after wisdom tooth extraction. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I got one of my wisdom teeth taken out a week back. My stitches came out and now there is a big hole where the tooth was extracted. My dentist gave me nothing, not cleaning tools at all. I am just freaking out because their office is closed. What should I do about the giant hole? It h...  Read Full »

I bit the inside of my cheek and now it is swollen. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, For the last two months, I am having small swelling inside the cheek. Also, there is some stiffness in the right throat, but not now. With general surgeon prescription I have used Metrogyl, Diataal, Tinidazole and vitamin tablets. But, still swelling is there and also I am getting some re...  Read Full »

Do the white patches in my mouth suggest some kind of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed white patches in my mouth from a few days. The images are attached herewith. There is a pain some days and other days there is no pain at all. There is no bleeding either. Recently, I visited an ENT specialist. He referred me to a dentist. The dentist advised me to r...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»

Ask a Maxillofacial Prosthodontist Now