Q. I have white patches in mouth due to cheek biting. Please advise.

Dr. Tinu Thampy

I am a 30-year-old male. I had cheek biting on the left side and left upper wisdom tooth was removed a month back. After that, cheek biting has subsided. Now, I have noticed white line and patch adjacent to lower left wisdom teeth and some white dots over cheek. Near it, there is no pain. Similarly, I have mild cheek swelling on the right side and white spot on the right cheek with no pain. Can you suggest the management without tooth extraction? I am enclosing my OPG and photos. Please give your advice.

Dr. Tinu Thampy

Dentistry Maxillofacial Prosthodontist Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery Oral Implantologist
#

The white patch and line seen on the buccal mucosa may be due to the cheek biting. The upper left wisdom tooth has been extracted hardly one month back. It will take another 3 to 6 months for these white patches to disappear. If it still persists, do trimming of the sharp cusps of other third molar teeth or extract them.

Traumatic keratosis

|