Q. There is white tongue with swollen lymphnodes. Why?

Dr. Ohams Henry

My friend has white tongue since 20 days, used probiotics from 10 days but problem did not solve. But no sore throat and no discomfort while eating anything. He feels lymph nodes near right side of neck, back side of ear and near arm ankle from last one week. Got some pimples on his face and one or two on chest and stomach. Fourth generation HIV duo tests (p24 and antibody) done on 6th, 20th and 35th day and came as non-reactive. He is in a little worry as symptoms are still there (white tongue and nodes).

A kid kissed on his blood wetty pimple of him, did that kid get infected? It was done 24 hours back. Is it good to go for PeP? Please suggest.

#

White patches on the tongue can be oral thrush caused by candida albicans seen in severe imunosupression especially stage 3 or 4. Pain on swallowing can be from involvement of the larynx and oesophagus of the thrush seen in stage four. Persistent lymph node is also common. The kid should be put on PeP very important just to avoid getting infected, because there could be an open wound in the child's mouth through which the virus can gain entry.

| 

What is the reason for white coating on the tongue?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last few days, there is a white or yellow coating in the back of my tongue. It has been hurting. My taste buds in the back are swollen and bleed when I use the tongue scraper, which is on my toothbrush. What could this be?  Read Full »

After performing receptive fellatio on a guy I have white tongue. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I performed receptive fellatio on a guy 55 days back. I took RNA PCR TEST after 11 days and then again at 35 days and both were negative. I also took a fourth generation combo test (antibody and p24) on 38th day and it was negative as well. The problem is, for the last 8-10 days I have...  Read Full »

Why is there lymph node enlargement under chin and groin in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old female child has mild lymph node enlargement under the chin and groin. She had a fever. Her weight is 8 kg. Peripheral smear showed mild degree aniso-poikilocytosis. Her hemoglobin is 12. She has a minimal fullness of renal pelvic calyceal system (USG). Is there anything...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»