Q. There is white tongue with swollen lymphnodes. Why?

Dr. Ohams Henry

My friend has white tongue since 20 days, used probiotics from 10 days but problem did not solve. But no sore throat and no discomfort while eating anything. He feels lymph nodes near right side of neck, back side of ear and near arm ankle from last one week. Got some pimples on his face and one or two on chest and stomach. Fourth generation HIV duo tests (p24 and antibody) done on 6th, 20th and 35th day and came as non-reactive. He is in a little worry as symptoms are still there (white tongue and nodes).

A kid kissed on his blood wetty pimple of him, did that kid get infected? It was done 24 hours back. Is it good to go for PeP? Please suggest.

Dr. Ohams Henry

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

White patches on the tongue can be oral thrush caused by candida albicans seen in severe imunosupression especially stage 3 or 4. Pain on swallowing can be from involvement of the larynx and oesophagus of the thrush seen in stage four. Persistent lymph node is also common. The kid should be put on PeP very important just to avoid getting infected, because there could be an open wound in the child's mouth through which the virus can gain entry.

|