Wire Braces

I have gaps between teeth after braces. Please help.

Query: Hello, About 5 years ago I had wire braces for my teeth. And to have the braces on, I had 4 teeth extracted because my teeth were overcrowded. As far as I know, a lot of orthodontists take out premolars to create space. But for some reason my orthodontist took out 2 premolars, 1 molar on my bottom l...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes orthodontists do extract molars if there is very severe crowding of the teeth. In your case, as you said there was severe crowding. Now you have space present where the molars where previously present and hence you are unable to chew properly. Is your second mol...  Read Full »

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full »

Why do people fix midline misalignment of teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do people fix midline misalignment of teeth (the middle of upper and lower teeth do not line up), apart from appearance as the factor? I had undergone treatment with wire braces and removed them off just yesterday. I noticed that I have a little midline misalignment even after tre...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  I have viewed the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Apart from esthetics there is no other need for the midline alignment of teeth. You can leave it as such if you do not have any functional abnormalities. If the lower front teeth are hi...  Read Full »

My kid has trauma due to braces. Should I get the brackets removed?

Query: Hello doctor,My 8 year old daughter had braces on Tuesday. Almost 24 hours later (on Wednesday) she had 103° temperature and the doctor at urgent care said she had trauma from the braces. I then met with the orthodontist and told her that the urgent care doctor said my daughter had trauma due to br...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Banu M

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Braces for an 8 year old is quite rare. They are still in the development and eruption period. Removing the brackets will not cause further trauma. But it will be a total waste. Ortho treatment initially causes discomfort, but it will be alright in time. I suggest ...  Read Full »

What is the difference between 0.018 and 0.022 orthodontic brackets?

Query: Hello doctor, I have spaces in the upper and lower front teeth, and I am about to get my braces treatment started. I going to buy braces online, so I want to know what is the difference between 0.018 brackets and 0.022 brackets? Please just clarify my doubt.  Read Full »

Dr. Prerna Jain

Dentist, Orthodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The difference between both the size brackets is the slots in which the wires are held on to in the brackets. There are minor differences in the treatment mechanics between the both. 0.022 brackets can hold larger wires in the slots. The larger slot size can sometimes be ...  Read Full »