Q. Why is there some yellow material in the tooth socket after 3 days of extraction?

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah

I had my wisdom teeth removed three weeks ago and on the third day, it felt like I ripped my stitching. A few days later it was bothering me so I put my finger in my mouth and I felt an opening along where the stitching should be. So I decided to feel the other side to compare that side was closed. So I went to see my dentist she said that it was healing fine. But days later it still bothers me so I bought a dentist's mirror and checked it out. I only saw a bump, but I felt the opening so I put it in between my cheek and teeth and there it was an opening and some white yellow stuff. I think this poking white thing was a part of my molar, cause it was hard and the opening has been getting bigger and it is hurting more. What should I do?

#

I can understand your concern regarding dental health. In this condition, I would strongly like to suggest you to consult your dentist again for a clinical examination of the affected area and condition of it for better results. She will examine the area in which you are feeling hard might be because of bone. Because there are very less chances of root piece after extraction of wisdom tooth. If a root piece will be there, then she will remove it after taking an x-ray. She will drain and clean the extracted area because white yellow stuff is present which can convert to further infections. So, consult her earlier.

|