Q. Why is there pain at the site of wisdom tooth extraction?

Dr. Asma Parveen
Published on Jan 08, 2018

I had a wisdom tooth and an adjacent molar removed two days ago. Everything has healed nicely except a very painful white spot in the very back of my cheek next to the extraction site. What could this be? I have attached photographs for your reference.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity)

By looking at the picture, it looks like an oral ulcer to me.

You need not worry, it sometimes takes more than a week to heal up completely. You can start with Hexidine (Chlorhexidine Gluconate) mouthwash like for at least three to four times a day for a week. You can discontinue it after a week.

Along with this, you need to take Becosules Z (vitamin B complex) with zinc for 10 days one capsule a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

If the problem persists even after 10 days then you need to visit your dentist for further investigation.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Why is there numbness in tongue and jaw after wisdom tooth extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, My lower right side impacted wisdom tooth has been extracted a week back. Till now my half tongue and jawline of the right side are numb or I am not feeling hot or cold at that side. I am so much worried. Is that normal or is it a concern of worrying? I am panicking for getting sense ...  Read Full »

My vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it?

Query: Hi doctor, As I took master health blood test and in the result, my vitamin B12 is high. How can I lower it? I am afraid of this. Please help me.  Read Full »

I have pain and bad smell coming from a wisdom tooth extraction site. Is it dry socket?

Query: Hello doctor, I had two wisdom teeth removed a week ago, and I still have some pain in the lower left extraction site. If I touch near the extraction site with a finger and then smell my finger, there is definitely a bad smell. I have controlled this with using another finger to touch the same place...  Read Full »