Q. Why is there pain at the site of wisdom tooth extraction?

Dr. Asma Parveen

I had a wisdom tooth and an adjacent molar removed two days ago. Everything has healed nicely except a very painful white spot in the very back of my cheek next to the extraction site. What could this be? I have attached photographs for your reference.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity)

By looking at the picture, it looks like an oral ulcer to me.

You need not worry, it sometimes takes more than a week to heal up completely. You can start with Hexidine (Chlorhexidine Gluconate) mouthwash like for at least three to four times a day for a week. You can discontinue it after a week.

Along with this, you need to take Becosules Z (vitamin B complex) with zinc for 10 days one capsule a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the above medicines.

If the problem persists even after 10 days then you need to visit your dentist for further investigation.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|