Around 12 years back, my unhealing leg wound was cured by multiple skin grafting. Now, after 12 years the wound opened up. Reason is unknown. Is it varicose? I have attached the latest snaps.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1. Can be due to weak immune system or malnutrition or chronic medical illness.
2. Over-tightening of sutures or poor suturing technique followed. It can also be due to the suture material used.
3. In appropriate surgery site grafted.
4. smoking can be a cause.
5. Can be due to obesity.
6. It could have caused because of premature post-surgery exercise.
7. Heavy lifting.
1. Physical examination from a general surgeon is a must.
2. Blood tests such as CBC (complete blood count) and wound culture to be done.
3. Check post-prandial, fasting blood sugar and glycated hemoglobin (PP/FBS/HbA1C).
Wound dehiscence.Treatment plan:
Good wound care and hygiene (with appropriate dressing and cleaning as instructed by your doctor).Preventive measures:
1. Regular wound dressing.
2. Antibiotics to be taken if the culture is positive for micro-organisms.
Revert back with the investigations to a general practitioner online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner
Was this answer helpful?|
What should I do now?
Welcome back to icliniq.com.
For further information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner
Was this answer helpful?|
Article Overview: Environmental factors, lifestyle preferences, and cultural environment play major roles in the increasing prevalence of childhood obesity worldwide. By following the guidelines on the basis of ayurvedic fundamentals, parents can effectively manage their child's obesity. Read Article
A child is considered obese when his/her Body Mass Index (BMI), a measurement obtained by dividing a person's weight by the square of the person's height, exceeds 30 Kg/m2. In ayurveda, obesity has been elaborately described by using the term atisthaulya. Childhood obesity ... Read Article
Article Overview: Obesity is a ‘silent epidemic’. This article tells about how to find if you have obesity and the reasons for it. Read Article
Who is Considered as An Obese Person? An Obese person is one who has too much body fat and thus has a negative effect on their health. A person is considered obese when they have a weight over 20% of their ideal body weight. On the other hand, one may consider body mass index. Body mass index, ... Read Article
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a General Practitioner Now