Wrist Injury

Shall I go with compression wrap for wrist sprain?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a mild sprain while using a punching bag. But, it does not hurt at all in my two days off work. Now I am back to work, on day three since my injury, and it hurts really bad. I am locked in for the next several hours and I can tough it out. Obviously I am going to be doing some h...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Better late than never. Go for compression wrap (active type or elastic wrist splint). Rest your wrist. If pain does not go down or increase in spite of all the measures and medication in two to four weeks then go for MRI wrist. Do specify your complaints more elabora...  Read Full »

My partner had slipped and fell on a wooden floor. Kindly give a second opinion on her X-ray.

Query: Hello doctor, My partner had a small accident while on holidays. She slipped and fell on a wooden floor and landed on her outstretched right hand. (dominant hand). Her wrist got injured, received immediate medical attention with a splint attached, and an X-ray image was taken about 14 hours after th...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a fracture involving the lower end of the radius and in the styloid process of ulna bone (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is not much displacement in the fracture areas. It is essential that you meet a consultant orthopedician and revi...  Read Full »

My wrists crack and make crunching sounds. What is the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, My wrists crack and make a crunching sound when I move them around in circular motions. I had a trauma to the wrist before two years. Now, I get pain shooting through the wrist. Is this normal or what is the problem? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to have more details on the pain in the wrist and have you ever had any fall recently. The cracking sound is due to an imbalance of musculature resulting in bone on bone rubbing and pain could be (depends on the underlying pathology) from cartilage erosi...  Read Full »

Please explain the treatment based on my MRI report.

Query: Hi doctor, My MRI report is as follows. Diffuse marrow edema involving scaphoid bone with a thin layer of fluid within adjacent dorsal intercarpal joint space. No obvious cortical break seen at present. Articular surfaces around wrist shows intact cortices with normal marrow intensity. Please explai...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suppose that this marrow edema is due to an injury. Since there is no fracture, there is nothing to worry about. All you need to do is to wear a wrist brace along with a thumb spica for support for six weeks. You need to wear the wrist brace all day and night and can b...  Read Full »

Please comment on the severity of my wife's wrist x-ray.

Query: Hi doctor,My wife is 42 years old. She is feeling pain in the right wrist while moving the palm laterally outward. The movement gets somewhat obstructed slightly and it is not smooth. This has been started after an occasion when she tried to pull or carry one heavy bag a week ago. X-ray has been don...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your clinical history and x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is actually no obvious fracture, which is visible. Also, I need to see clinically the site of maximum pain, so it will be helpful for me to better understand...  Read Full »