Q. I am trying to conceive with recurrent vaginal yeast infection. Please help.

Dr. Nawajsharif G Mujawar

I am 32 years old. We are planning to extend our family whenever I will be perfect in health so that there should not be any health issues to the baby and the mother. I would like to elaborate on my health condition so that you can advise us on how to improve my health condition.

Please note that the below tests have conducted before three months and after that, I have gone through some medication for one and a half months.

1. Iron, vitamin D, and hemoglobin: My hemoglobin remains low every time I go for annual health check-up (for the past seven years). Currently, it is 10.8. Iron - 18, TIBC - 492, transferrin saturation – 3.66, vitamin D - 19.91.

2. Yeast infection in vagina: I have been suffering from recurrence of yeast infection in the vagina for the past one year. It comes again and again and I am taking Fluka every week one tablet. After taking Fluka, I feel no itching and no yeast infection but within a week or so it happens again.

3. Boobs itching and enlargement of area around nipples: for the past four to five years, I have been observed that area around my nipples has enlarged, and that area is really very dry and itchy. Although, there are no lumps in the breast and armpit.

I visited a gynecologist but they told that it is a dermatology issue. Hence, I also visited a dermatologist and the doctor suggests that it is just because my skin is extremely dry and it can be cured after applying good moisturizer in the long run. But I have not seen any improvement till date. I really want to be healthy and want to get rid of the above issues before conceiving the baby.

Dr. Nawajsharif G Mujawar

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

First thing, I would like to tell you that you are a healthy individual. Even though you were anemic before, now you have made good progress in your hemoglobin.

Now coming to your recurrent fungal infection in the vagina, it seems that you have adequately taken antifungal and antibiotics. I would recommend you to get done your

1) Blood sugar level.

2) Thyroid profile test.

Now coming to soreness and itching at nipples, yes, it happens due to dry skin and micronutrients and minerals deficiency. I would like to suggest you to apply the moisturizer and take nutrients supplement.

Nutritional deficiency.

Blood sugar levels. Thyroid profile test.

Multicomponent deficiency.

Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for three days, Candid V6 pessery every night intra vaginal for six days, tablet Omeprazole 20 mg twice a day for three days.

Avoid sexual intercourse until recovery from infection.

Follow-up with the above said investigation after 3 days.

| 

Why is genital herpes recurring?

Query: Hi doctor, Why do I get recurrence of genital herpes as soon as I stop antiviral drugs?  Read Full »

Can raw rice addiction result in low hemoglobin?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from low hemoglobin levels. I have attached my laboratory test report. I have a habit of eating raw rice, which I am suspecting as the reason for this low count. Kindly have a look and prescribe medicines to increase my hemoglobin levels. I am currently taking Orofer XT one...  Read Full »

How to evaluate the reason for low hemoglobin?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is 76 years old. She is diabetic and on medication for around 15 years. She is suffering from typhoid fever. Her hemoglobin level is low at 6. She is also very weak to walk on her own for the past few days. Kindly suggest some advice.  Read Full »