Q. I am having recurrent vaginal yeast infection. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Nidhi Rohit Jain and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Vaginal Infection or Sexually Transmitted Diseases? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been having recurrent vaginal yeast infections for the last six months. I have taken medications earlier. The gynecologist prescribed Azithral 500 mg in the beginning. After that, the doctor gave me tablet Orni-O.

The first time it got cured. When it came back again, she prescribed Vibact-DS for one month and Flucon 150 once in a week for three weeks. The infection came back again after two months and she gave me Candid V3 vaginal tablets.

Now again, I am feeling the infection. I am also taking treatment for acne (Elvac-20 from last six months). Is Elvac 20, the reason for my recurrent infection?

I am 31 years old unmarried woman, but in a relationship since last four years. This is the first time in my 31 years life that I am experiencing this repeated infection. Please help.