Q. I am having recurrent vaginal yeast infection. Please help.

Dr. Nidhi Rohit Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 11, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 18, 2018

I have been having recurrent vaginal yeast infections for the last six months. I have taken medications earlier. The gynecologist prescribed Azithral 500 mg in the beginning. After that, the doctor gave me tablet Orni-O.

The first time it got cured. When it came back again, she prescribed Vibact-DS for one month and Flucon 150 once in a week for three weeks. The infection came back again after two months and she gave me Candid V3 vaginal tablets.

Now again, I am feeling the infection. I am also taking treatment for acne (Elvac-20 from last six months). Is Elvac 20, the reason for my recurrent infection?

I am 31 years old unmarried woman, but in a relationship since last four years. This is the first time in my 31 years life that I am experiencing this repeated infection. Please help.

#

As you have repeated yeast infection, you require following investigations:

• Vaginal swab: Culture and sensitivity which will tell the type of infection and which medicine would be effective.
  • Blood Hemoglobin Level: As females who are anemic (low hemoglobin levels) are prone to repeated infections.
  • Fasting and Postprandial Blood Sugar: To see if you are diabetic. As diabetic females can get repeated vaginal infections especially fungal/yeast infections.

And also your sexual partner should be simultaneously treated as these kinds of infections are transmitted through sexual intercourse.

Revert back with the reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|