Q. I am having yeast infection, gluten and lactose intolerance. What is the cause?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 31, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 06, 2019

I am a 30- years-old female. I have yeast infection and intolerance to gluten, lactose nuts, and other few things. I can not eat anything as everything hurts me. If I consume tea, some times I will have diarrhea, the other time I will become tired and have a high heart rate.

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Medical Gastroenterology Paediatrics
#

I need more information. Yeast infection of which site? What are the symptoms of infection? How do you know about the infection? Kindly provide answers for quality consultation.

Regarding gluten intolerance. How do you know? If you have any investigation? What is the duration of your symptoms?

Regarding your problems.

1. Yeast infection: may be a routine infection or due to some underlying immunodeficiency.

2. Gluten intolerance: If it is present then we need to remove wheat and related products from your diet after that only your symptoms will subside. Lactose intolerance may be a part of this gluten intolerance.

3. High heart rate and tiredness are due to anemia, it will be cured after a gluten-free diet if you have an intolerance. We need to know about your hemoglobin status.

Advice: Please provide answers to the above questions and get the following tests done.

1. Complete blood count with hemoglobin level.

2. tTGA (tissue transglutaminase) test.

3. HIV test (do not afraid about this investigation).

4. Thyroid function test.

If you have firm evidence of gluten intolerance, then avoid wheat, barley, and related products completely otherwise symptoms will not improve. Please report back along with a scan copy of the investigations.

| 

Is there any medicine for treating yeast infection?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I treat a yeast infection? Is there over-the-counter medicine for that?  Read Full »

Is there any permanent cure for sugar allergy and lactose intolerance?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 71 year old male, and I am allergic to sugar and eating preparations containing sugar. If I consume sugary substances, I develop internal bleeding in the intestinal tract I presume. But I can tolerate fruits; they cause no problem. I am having this problem for the last 15 years. ...  Read Full »

How to cure recurrent vaginal yeast infections?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having recurrent vaginal yeast infections for the last six months. I have taken medications earlier. The gynecologist prescribed Azithral 500 mg in the beginning. After that, the doctor gave me tablet Orni-O. The first time it got cured. When it came back again, she presc...  Read Full »