Q. I am having yeast infection, gluten and lactose intolerance. What is the cause?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Published on Oct 31, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 06, 2019

I am a 30- years-old female. I have yeast infection and intolerance to gluten, lactose nuts, and other few things. I can not eat anything as everything hurts me. If I consume tea, some times I will have diarrhea, the other time I will become tired and have a high heart rate.

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Medical Gastroenterology Paediatrics
#

I need more information. Yeast infection of which site? What are the symptoms of infection? How do you know about the infection? Kindly provide answers for quality consultation.

Regarding gluten intolerance. How do you know? If you have any investigation? What is the duration of your symptoms?

Regarding your problems.

1. Yeast infection: may be a routine infection or due to some underlying immunodeficiency.

2. Gluten intolerance: If it is present then we need to remove wheat and related products from your diet after that only your symptoms will subside. Lactose intolerance may be a part of this gluten intolerance.

3. High heart rate and tiredness are due to anemia, it will be cured after a gluten-free diet if you have an intolerance. We need to know about your hemoglobin status.

Advice: Please provide answers to the above questions and get the following tests done.

1. Complete blood count with hemoglobin level.

2. tTGA (tissue transglutaminase) test.

3. HIV test (do not afraid about this investigation).

4. Thyroid function test.

If you have firm evidence of gluten intolerance, then avoid wheat, barley, and related products completely otherwise symptoms will not improve. Please report back along with a scan copy of the investigations.

How to cure recurrent vaginal yeast infections?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having recurrent vaginal yeast infections for the last six months. I have taken medications earlier. The gynecologist prescribed Azithral 500 mg in the beginning. After that, the doctor gave me tablet Orni-O. The first time it got cured. When it came back again, she presc...  Read Full >>

Dr. Nidhi Rohit Jain
Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have repeated yeast infection, you require following investigations: Vaginal swab: Culture and sensitivity which will tell the type of infection and which medicine would be effective. Blood Hemoglobin Level: As females who are anemic (low hemoglobin level...  Read Full

Can excess gas cause floating stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 47 year old male. I have noticed floating stools for about two months. This may have been going on longer, but I just noticed two months ago and historically, this is not normal for me. Consistency is solid with somewhat limited quantity and more like you would expect with constipa...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are consistent with malabsorption of fat and lactose intolerance. There are various causes of malabsorption and indeed lactose intolerance, pancreatic insufficiency and gallbladder dysfunction are some of the well known causes. Bloating and soft...  Read Full

Is there any medicine for treating yeast infection?

Query: Hello doctor, How can I treat a yeast infection? Is there over-the-counter medicine for that?  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Try to have a full treatment for any health issue that is reducing your immunity and causing you recurrent yeast infection like diabetes, immunocompromised diseases like AIDS, etc. Try to have a high vaginal swab to confirm that recurrently you are getting an infect...  Read Full