Yeast Infection

What could cause soreness in vaginal lips with fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I have soreness in vaginal lips for the past four days and having a fever of 102 F for the past two days. I had a preauricular sinus infection drainage procedure done. I took 45 days of antibiotics Taxim-O for 20 days, Augmentin 625 for 7 days, Cetil 500 for 10 days, and Lizobact 6...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iIcliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on that it appears like a genital yeast infection or other possibilities can be a developing Bartholin's cyst/abscess (which can be confirmed only by examination, when...  Read Full »

Will diabetes provoke vaginal yeast infection and itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 38 years old. I am diabetic for the past three years and sugars are not always in control. I am taking medicine Euclide 80 mg and Galvus met 50/500 and Novomix 30 injection 10 units (injection only for few days). My issue is, post diabetes I am experiencing severe recurring yeast in...  Read Full »

Dr. Keeranmayee Mishra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diabetes is comorbidity that makes patients prone to fungal infections and some times there is a secondary bacterial infection too. I advise you to follow certain steps. 1. First step, proper sugar control. 2. Anti-diabetic diet and exercise. 3. Proper genital hygie...  Read Full »

My vaginal yeast infection is recurring even on continuous treatment with moisturizers. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. We are planning to extend our family whenever I will be perfect in health so that there should not be any health issues to the baby and the mother. I would like to elaborate on my health condition so that you can advise us on how to improve my health condition. Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Nawajsharif G Mujawar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First thing, I would like to tell you that you are a healthy individual. Even though you were anemic before, now you have made good progress in your hemoglobin. Now coming to your recurrent fungal infection in the vagina, it seems that you have adequately taken antifun...  Read Full »

Why is my sore throat not getting better for more than two weeks?

Query: I have a sore throat for more than 2 weeks now and I am done taking antibiotics (dalacin c) for 7 days but it is not going away.. I feel that there's something stuck inside my throat / esophagus. I have a mild headache but no fever. Pain scale is ranging 4-6 out of ten. I also gargle every 3 h...  Read Full »

Dr. Bruce Hudkins

Answer: If this got worse after antibiotics, it is likely thrush (a yeast infection of the throat often found after antibiotic and/or steroid treatment. See if you can get your physician to prescribe fluconazole 150mg daily X 10 days (not 3 days like prescribed for female yeast infections...this would not b...  Read Full »

Is there any specific medicine to control oral thrush?

Query: Hello doctor, I have non-allergic asthma diagnosed before six years. Currently, I am using a corticosteroid Foster inhaler two times a day with two inhalations each time. After the inhalations, I clear my throat with throat cleaning solution and also I use a sprayer with propolis and ethanol severa...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Oral thrush that is oral candidiasis is a kind of yeast infection that in your case can be attributed to long term steroid use. This is a kind of untoward effect due to inhaled steroids. You need to clearly examine the entire oral mucosa with regard to the extent the cr...  Read Full »

Will yeast and BV infection further increase when underwear contacts with dirty things?

Query: Hello doctor, I apologize if this is an odd question but I am very concerned as I have been in treatment for recurrent yeast, and BV infections for over a year. Several dollar bills were accidentally washed (cold cycle, no disinfectant detergent) along with a pair of pants and a load of underwear...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. But to me, the probability of contracting infection is very less. Firstly, you are not immunocompromised. Vagina is home to millions of bacteria and whether one will contract infection or not depends on immunity, which I guess is intact i...  Read Full »

Can I get pregnant in a natural way after treating vaginal yeast infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am completely desperate. After treating yeast infections for years, I made a lab test for whole bacterial microflora in my vagina. The results are awful. I do not have candida at all. The results are: Gardnerella vaginalis, Prevotella bivia, Porphyromonas spp. 10 6.6 Eubacterium ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to add a little information here is that PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) mostly is a subsequent result of STD's (sexually transmitted disease) infection (chlamydia and gonorrhea) which actually travel upward along the reproductive tract and may lead...  Read Full »

What is the cause for yeast infection, gluten and lactose intolerance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30- years-old female. I have yeast infection and intolerance to gluten, lactose nuts, and other few things. I can not eat anything as everything hurts me. If I consume tea, some times I will have diarrhea, the other time I will become tired and have a high heart rate.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need more information. Yeast infection of which site? What are the symptoms of infection? How do you know about the infection? Kindly provide answers for quality consultation. Regarding gluten intolerance. How do you know? If you have any investigation? What is t...  Read Full »

Does vestibular papillomatosis cause itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel itchy on my vulvar. I am not sure if I am having this vestibular papillomatosis or yeast infection. It does not feel pain or sore if I leave it there, only itchiness. If I scratch it too much due to the itchiness, it will feel sore and a little pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any discharge like curd or any other kind is there as well? Because discharge sometimes causes itching and first we have to do the simpler treatments and if they are not prolonging relief only then we progress towards complex problems like you mentioned. Now...  Read Full »

Why do I have a white scar on my lip?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small white scar on the lower lip for seven months. It was not white at first. But now it just stays there and does not show any change.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem is nasolabial dyssebacia (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a type of eczema secondary to mild pityrosporum yeast infection associated with an oily part of the face with affected areas, mild scaling and redness in few individuals. You c...  Read Full »