Yeast Infection

What causes a single red bump on the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male who is sexually active. I seem to have developed a single small red bump on the head of my penis right after having sex. I have had a yeast infection on my penis head before. So, I assumed it was that again after having prolonged sex. I did not use a condom ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bump does not appear to be of herpes. This is a small papule-like lesion. But, there is no discharge or pain in your case. I do not think this is related to herpes though the pictures were not very clear. Herpes usually causes painful blisters or papular lesions th...  Read Full »

Is Triamcinolone a good drug to cure yeast infection?

Query: Hi doctor, Can I insert Triamcinolone inside my vagina to clear yeast infection?  Read Full »

Dr. Kamalpreet Kaur Nagpal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Triamcinolone is not indicated for yeast infection. It is a corticosteroid and rather, a yeast infection can precipitate with this drug. You should use an antifungal like Clotrimazole vaginal pessaries for 14 days. I also advise you to use a condom during sexual i...  Read Full »

What could cause vaginal and anal itching without a discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, I have vaginal itch whenever I am active or at work. It tends to reach my anus at times, causing both to itch at once. I do not have any chunky discharge or anything of the sort, but sometimes there is a smell but not too strong. It has been happening for a while now and I do not want...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Itching in the vaginal region could be a sign of yeast infection. Avoid sweating of that area and keep changing your undergarments frequently and keep the area dry. Sometimes improper hygiene while shaving public hair can also cause local infections and lead to ge...  Read Full »

What harm will yeast infection and bacterial vaginosis cause during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 40 years old and I am 22 weeks pregnant. I went to the doctor yesterday because I felt like I may have a yeast infection. He confirmed it was a yeast infection and they did a swab and sent it to the lab. Today they called me with the results and it came back as yeast infection an...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for trusting us about your healthcare. I have gone through your history and understood your concern. It could be due to vaginitis caused by a fungal and bacterial infection and you can take antibiotics and antifungal medicine for the same. Keep the area dry...  Read Full »

What could be the small red dots on penis with no pain or swelling?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed small red dots on the tip of my penis. All in the same area, no itching, no swelling or anything like that. Sometimes they are barely noticeable and as far as I remember, I had them for about three weeks now. Last time I had sex, it was about four months ago and it was ...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from small red spots on the tip of the penis for the last three weeks. Small red spots on the tip of the penis may result from yeast infections, frictions due to clothing, balanitis, c...  Read Full »

Does vaginal swelling with itching indicate vaginal yeast infection?

Query: Hello doctor, What should I do if I think I have a yeast infection? But I am leaving for a trip very soon and do not have time to visit a gynecologist. I have never had a yeast infection before but I am slightly swollen and itchy. I have had these two symptoms for a week now. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your problem and will surely help you. The symptoms which you have described, it is likely that you are suffering from vaginal infection and as such you have self diagnosed it. Do you have some discharge also and is the discharge foul smelling?...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to take Fluconazole along with topical creams to help vaginal yeast infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently on Fluconazole 150 mg, and I am on my second dose. I just took it yesterday for a yeast infection. I was given Clotrimazole Betamethasone topicals cream to apply on the affected area twice a day. However, it seems to make it hurt in an hour after application. I first f...  Read Full »

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and understand your concern. It could be due to vaginitis caused by a fungal and bacterial infection. You have to take vaginal tablet as well as local application of cream. You can do one thing use plain candid cream and take antifungal...  Read Full »

What could cause soreness in vaginal lips with fever?

Query: Hello doctor, I have soreness in vaginal lips for the past four days and having a fever of 102 F for the past two days. I had a preauricular sinus infection drainage procedure done. I took 45 days of antibiotics Taxim-O for 20 days, Augmentin 625 for 7 days, Cetil 500 for 10 days, and Lizobact 6...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iIcliniq.com. I have gone through the attachment picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Based on that it appears like a genital yeast infection or other possibilities can be a developing Bartholin's cyst/abscess (which can be confirmed only by examination, when...  Read Full »

Will diabetes provoke vaginal yeast infection and itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 38 years old. I am diabetic for the past three years and sugars are not always in control. I am taking medicine Euclide 80 mg and Galvus met 50/500 and Novomix 30 injection 10 units (injection only for few days). My issue is, post diabetes I am experiencing severe recurring yeast in...  Read Full »

Dr. Keeranmayee Mishra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diabetes is comorbidity that makes patients prone to fungal infections and some times there is a secondary bacterial infection too. I advise you to follow certain steps. 1. First step, proper sugar control. 2. Anti-diabetic diet and exercise. 3. Proper genital hygie...  Read Full »

My vaginal yeast infection is recurring even on continuous treatment with moisturizers. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32 years old. We are planning to extend our family whenever I will be perfect in health so that there should not be any health issues to the baby and the mother. I would like to elaborate on my health condition so that you can advise us on how to improve my health condition. Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Nawajsharif G Mujawar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First thing, I would like to tell you that you are a healthy individual. Even though you were anemic before, now you have made good progress in your hemoglobin. Now coming to your recurrent fungal infection in the vagina, it seems that you have adequately taken antifun...  Read Full »