Yeast Infection

What is the cause for yeast infection, gluten and lactose intolerance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30- years-old female. I have yeast infection and intolerance to gluten, lactose nuts, and other few things. I can not eat anything as everything hurts me. If I consume tea, some times I will have diarrhea, the other time I will become tired and have a high heart rate.  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need more information. Yeast infection of which site? What are the symptoms of infection? How do you know about the infection? Kindly provide answers for quality consultation. Regarding gluten intolerance. How do you know? If you have any investigation? What is t...  Read Full »

Does vestibular papillomatosis cause itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel itchy on my vulvar. I am not sure if I am having this vestibular papillomatosis or yeast infection. It does not feel pain or sore if I leave it there, only itchiness. If I scratch it too much due to the itchiness, it will feel sore and a little pain.  Read Full »

Dr. Nadia Khan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any discharge like curd or any other kind is there as well? Because discharge sometimes causes itching and first we have to do the simpler treatments and if they are not prolonging relief only then we progress towards complex problems like you mentioned. Now...  Read Full »

Why do I have a white scar on my lip?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small white scar on the lower lip for seven months. It was not white at first. But now it just stays there and does not show any change.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem is nasolabial dyssebacia (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a type of eczema secondary to mild pityrosporum yeast infection associated with an oily part of the face with affected areas, mild scaling and redness in few individuals. You c...  Read Full »

What causes of a pink spot on testicles?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed for some time now that the skin in my groin area looks gray and when I looked close, I saw that my skin was peeling and there were a few pink spots. And my scrotum began to itch. I assumed it was a jock itch. So, two days ago, I purchased Lotrimin Ultra and applied it in my g...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Golla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your concern is intertrigo secondary to candida yeast infection. It is not a contagious disease. I suggest you start using Sporanox (Itraconazole) 100 mg one capsule every day for 16 consecutive days. There are no food restrictions when you take this medicine but avoi...  Read Full »

What causes a single red bump on the penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old male who is sexually active. I seem to have developed a single small red bump on the head of my penis right after having sex. I have had a yeast infection on my penis head before. So, I assumed it was that again after having prolonged sex. I did not use a condom ...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The bump does not appear to be of herpes. This is a small papule-like lesion. But, there is no discharge or pain in your case. I do not think this is related to herpes though the pictures were not very clear. Herpes usually causes painful blisters or papular lesions th...  Read Full »

Why do red rashes on the penis keep coming back after masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the past three months, I have been experiencing some penis problem. I have a consistent red rash on the front of my penis glans that can go away and come back daily. After sex or masturbation, the rash will get brighter and red, unraised dots (not itchy) will appear all over my glan...  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your concern. On and off rash suggest that it is some sort of a skin condition like a noninfective balanitis, if not a yeast infection. Moreover, the swab test may sometimes reveal the yeast on a repeat test so that can be considered along with a fungal...  Read Full »

How can I treat chronic yeast infection?

Query: Hello doctor, Please help. I have struggled with a chronic yeast infection for at least the past year. It never really seems to go away, and this time it is so painful. Not much discharge, but the itching and sex is very, very painful, and it hurts to pee. I am so frustrated. I take an estrogen-bas...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. When yeast infection result occurs positive recurrently then, husband and wife both should be treated at the same time, otherwise, it gets infected to one another. You should keep your private parts clean and dry always.  Read Full »

My vagina is red and swollen with cottage cheese discharge after wearing of innerwear. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor,My vagina is red and swollen with cottage cheese discharge. Rashes extend to my buttocks area. All this showed up after I wore an innerwear. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem. What you describe is a classic case of yeast infection of vagina extending up to your anus. You need oral antifungal tablets weekly for three weeks alone with local antifungal ointment. The condition is very much infectious, so I suggest yo...  Read Full »

I am less energetic, thirsty and nauseous feel. Is it due to the side effect of the medicine I had for Strep throat??

Query: Hello doctor, I feel less energetic, very thirsty, and my back has been giving me issues. Also from time to time, I had been feeling nauseous. Three weeks ago I had a strep throat so I was given antibiotics and afterward I got a yeast infection, so I am confused if the side effects from the medicine...  Read Full »

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not to worry about your medication. Your doctor prescribed it after evaluating you. So may be less chance of side effects that causes yeast infection. It will depend on your hygiene, how you maintain it. And as you mentioned that you are feeling less energetic,...  Read Full »

My culture report says I have yeast infection and Beta Strep. Kindly explain Beta Strep.

Query: Hello doctor, My culture from my gynecologist came back, showing that I have a yeast infection as well as Beta Strep. I was hoping for more information on Beta Strep. I have never heard of it, and there is a lot of information when I searched that is making me confused a little. I am not experiencin...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are lots of bacteria and other organisms that colonize healthy skin. Yeast a fungus also is a commensal in our body. Just the presence of these organisms is of no significance. The colony count is needed, which is high, will need a course of antibiotics, which ...  Read Full »