Hemorrhoids are a common and painful condition that affects pregnant women and obese individuals. This article describes various natural treatment options for hemorrhoids.
Dilated and enlarged veins in the lower portion of the rectum or anus are called hemorrhoids or piles.
The prevalence of hemorrhoids has been estimated at 4.4 percent of Indian adults, with the highest incidence in those between 45 and 65 years of age. It is common among pregnant women.
Low fiber diet.
Less bulky stools.
Straining to defecate.
Increase intra-anal pressure.
Decreased venous return.
Enlarged hemorrhoidal venous cushion.
Types of Hemorrhoids:
1 Internal hemorrhoids - This results in two main symptoms, which are painless bleeding and protrusion. Pain is rare as they originate above the dentate line.
2. Prolapsed hemorrhoids - Continued straining causes engorgement and bleeding veins, as well as hemorrhoidal prolapse. It is a painful condition.
3. External hemorrhoids -External hemorrhoids are under the skin around the anus and are therefore visible because of more sensitive nerve in this part of the body. They are normally more painful. Straining when passing stool may make them bleed.
2.Pain during bowel movements.
4.Rectal prolapse (rectum protrudes from the anus).
Physical examination - patients should be examined in the left lateral decubitus position. A lubricated finger should be gently inserted into the anal canal. The resting tone of the anal canal should be ascertained as well as the voluntary contraction of the puborectalis and external
anal sphincter. Masses should be noted as well as any area of tenderness.
Hydrotherapy (Sitz bath) -
1. For acute anal pain, cold water can be used.
2. But clinical practice guides recommend the use of hot water for its known effect to reduce the pressure. The temperature of the water should be 15 degrees Celsius. It has an analgesic effect on the rectum.
Ice Pack -
1. An ice pack placed on the rectum can reduce acute swelling of hemorrhoidal veins.
2. And also reduce the pain in the rectum.
Cold Perineal Douche -
1.Cold perineal douche for 30 minutes daily.
2. After that, cold perineal compresses for 10 minutes.
Mud Therapy -
1.Cold pack over the abdomen for 30 minutes.
2.Massage over the anal area with castor oil, clockwise, and anti-clockwise directions.
By applying a magnet locally over the rectum area reduces the thrombus clots and inflammation.
Green color and yellow color charged water under the sunlight is given. Yellow color as a laxative and green color for anti-inflammatory action.
Diet Therapy -
Consume fruits, vegetables, and other food items like:
Yogic management -
d)Kriya: Jala basti, Sukshma basti.
Acupuncture Management -
Acupuncture points UB-57, Sp-6, St-41, LI -2, and L-9.
•Eat a high fiber diet.
•Drink plenty of liquids.
•Avoid sitting for long periods.
Last reviewed at:
14 Nov 2019 - 3 min read
Most Popular Articles
Do you have a question on Constipation or Obesity?Ask a Doctor Online