Q. I have anal itching, pain and bleeding. I am embarrassed. Please help.

Answered by Dr. Meha Malhotra and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Anal Itching or Masturbation? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: I have anal itching, pain and bleeding.  I am embarrassed.  Please help.

Hi,I am approaching you since I am concerned about a situation regarding which I am very embarrassed. 

• I am a 43 year old female. I am normally healthy. I am 178cm tall and I weigh 75kg. 
  • Around 9-12 months ago, I started to suffer from anal itching.
  • It is rather intense at night, after passing stools and during/after having intercourse or anal masturbation.
  • I also have few lumps on my anal ring that seem to grow outside of my anal opening as an extended piece of flesh.
  • They are very sensitive but they are odd and it really troubles me.
  • I fear that my problem started as a result of anal masturbation and anal sex.
  • I feel very ashamed to say this. I was using anal toys and hand and I am afraid that during these years I myself  have created problems to my health and I do not know how to fix it.
  • I do not have constipation and my stool is normal.
  • I pass motion once a day and I have no abdominal pain while passing stools.
  • Sometimes when I have anal sex I start bleeding from my rectum for a few seconds and then it stops.
  • It does not bleed when I pass stools or any other time.
  • I have not attained menopause even though my period seems to be every 6-7 weeks these days.

I would appreciate if you can help me understand how to treat this issue and what should I do (i.e, special diet, special creams, instructions on how to clean the area etc.)

Help me please, I am looking for a very discreet way to handle my situation since I am too concerned about talking with my spouse.