Q. What causes hemorrhoids after menstrual cycle?

Dr. Lalit Bansal
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 01, 2020

I am a 25-year-old female with a history of hemorrhoids. I usually have the problem after my menstrual cycle but this time it is severe. There is no visible tag so I suppose it is internal but my entire left butt cheek is sore because of it. Also I am having trouble while standing and sitting.

#

I will definitely help you regarding your query. Anal inflammation and pain may be present in two condition. One is anal fissure and another is perianal abscesses formation. If you have fever also than might it be anal abscess, for confirmation of diagnosis local examination is mandatory.If it is associated with bleeding then it may be associated with fever also.

I will advise you some treatment. Start as soon as possible but if it is well formed abscess than incision and drainage may be required. If it is only anal fissure then following treatment is sufficient. Please get back to me if there is bleeding or pus discharge it will alter treatment part. Please continue your antibiotics and do not miss the dose. Get back to me anytime.

Sitz bath with Betadine 2 times for 15 minutes, syrup Duphalac 4 teaspoon HS, ointment Diltigesic locally 3 times, ointment Smuth locally 3 times, tab Enzoflam 2 times daily, tablet Pantop DSR OD.

|