Ask a 'Panchakarma Therapy Specialist' Online
Ask your Panchakarma Therapy queries to our experienced ayurveda specialists and receive instant medical advice and second opinion.
Our medical panel consists of over 50 highly skilled ayurveda specialists who specialized in Panchakarma Therapy treatment.
Your first Query is FREE !
Click here to see a Sample Answer »
About "Panchakarma therapy"
Panchakarma means “five actions.” It is a method of cleansing the body of waste. It includes five therapies that prevent and cure various diseases. The five Karmas to cleanse the body are:
- Vamana (Therapeutic Emesis) – Herbally induced vomiting, which helps clear the upper gastrointestinal tract and respiratory tract.
- Virechan (Purgation) – Induced evacuation of the bowel, which helps clear the lower gastrointestinal tract.
- Basti (Enema) – Here, enemas are done using herbal decoction or oil.
- Nasya (Nasal administration) – To clear the nasal cavity, herbal oil or powder is administered through the nostrils.
- Rakta Moksha (Purification of blood) – It is a method for bloodletting.