17-ohp

Are males more prone to forhead wrinkles than females?

Query: Hello doctor, Why do men get wrinkles in their foreheads with age? Is it more lifestyle or genetic? Is it possible to tell if it is more than the other? Are men more or less likely to get forehead wrinkles compared to women? Why or why not? What can men do to prevent forehead wrinkles? Is there an...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Forehead Wrinkles are signs of aging process. Men get wrinkles due to decrease formation of new collagen and destruction of already existing collagen and elastin proteins in our skin. Wrinkles can be inherited if one gets it early but in majority people, they become...  Read Full »

What do you suggest for high 17-OHP in a baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4 month old baby was born preterm and detected with high 17-OHP levels. The details are as follows: Baseline level on screening 196 ng/mL. Two other tests showed 20 ng/mL and 10 ng/mL. The recent test showed 5 ng/mL. As per consultation with my doctor, high 17-OHP is due to preterm...  Read Full »

Dr. Deep Dutta

Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have nothing to worry. Current 17-OHP levels are normal (17-hydroxyprogesterone). High levels at birth are commonly seen in preterm children. Please meet an endocrinologist for clinical examination of your child and review back with the reports. Revert back with the r...  Read Full »

What is the best treatment for Burkitt's lymphoma?

Query: Hi doctor, My 60 year old uncle is diagnosed with Burkitt's lymphoma. His report says MYC-IGH fusion signal was detected in 45 % of the cells. The sample is positive for t(8;14). Could you please suggest whether it is curable and if it is curable then what is the best treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. He needs to be admitted urgently to a tertiary care hospital where specialists such as hematologist, oncologist, etc. will be available. An early initiation of chemotherapy with R-CHOP (Rituximab, Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxy daunomycin, Oncovin, Prednisolone) regimen or ...  Read Full »

I am 29 and I have a lot of health issues due to diabetes. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 29 year old unmarried female. I have a lot of issues because of diabetes. Diabetes was detected four months ago when I underwent an underarm surgery for an abscess. It has not recovered yet. Also, I have a lot of pimples on my face and head. I think this is because of the suga...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaveri Dandapani

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you have a family history of diabetes mellitus 2? What I feel is, if you reduce your weight, your sugar levels will come down. Reducing 1 kg per month will do. Do not skip a meal.  Cut down on meat, oily food, fried food, etc. Take a regular walk, jog or cycling...  Read Full »

What can be done for age-related hearing loss?

Query: Hello doctor,My 68 year old mother has a hearing problem. I understand it is due to her age but is there any device which can enhance the hearing in her case?  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are various causes for hearing problems. Among them, the most common one is an age-related hearing loss known as presbycusis. If hearing loss is significant and confirmed by an audiological examination such as pure tone audiogram, she can use hearing aids. Hear...  Read Full »