Q. Can a Peyronie's bend or hourglass penis be straightened with any traction device?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I was diagnosed with Peyronie's disease. My penis is hourglass-shaped with a slight bend. I was suggested to take vitamin D and a pamphlet to purchase the "SomaTherapy-ED vacuum erection devise." After doing my online research, I found that the device is used only for erection. My question is, are there any devices that you recommend to straighten Peyronie's bend or hourglass shape penis?

#

Hourglass deformity from Peyronie’s disease needs a step-by-step management from a proper centre of treatment. It needs treatment starting from collagenase injections to vacuum devices to shockwave therapy and finally surgery. Your deformity is not much, and injections should be enough. When you get the injection, you should practice bending the penis to the opposite side of the bend. To get better results, you can do it twice daily. On the other hand, shock wave therapy can also be effective.

I do not suggest going for surgery unless the above measures fail.

Kind regards.

Thanks for the reply.

What do you mean by proper centre for treatment?

Thanks.

#

It is advisable to get treated in the centers that handle such cases in good numbers as this issue is not frequent, and also, the treatment outcomes will be better in the centers handling a good number of patients.

Kind regards.

|