Q. What is the best treatment for Burkitt's lymphoma?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My 60 year old uncle is diagnosed with Burkitt's lymphoma. His report says MYC-IGH fusion signal was detected in 45 % of the cells. The sample is positive for t(8;14). Could you please suggest whether it is curable and if it is curable then what is the best treatment?

Dr. Smit Uttam Janrao

#

• He needs to be admitted urgently to a tertiary care hospital where specialists such as hematologist, oncologist, etc. will be available.
  • An early initiation of chemotherapy with R-CHOP (Rituximab, Cyclophosphamide, Hydroxy daunomycin, Oncovin, Prednisolone) regimen or any regimen as per the advice of the treating physician, is necessary to treat this lymphoma.
  • There are many other chemotherapy options available if some regimens fail. He may be offered stem cell transplantation if he is not responsive to any treatment.

Wish him good health.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|