Q. How to confirm right lower abdominal pain as appendix pain?

Dr. Deepak Patel
This is a premium question & answer published on May 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 22, 2019

My 8 year old daughter has had quite severe stomach pain since three days. It started in her naval and now in her lower abdomen on the right hand side. She has had on and off low grade temperature and nausea. She has pain in her legs and some pain in her back. Also she has lost her appetite. We have been to our GP who sent us to our local hospital and they discharged us after blood tests were normal. She did have white cells in urine, and told us to come back if she was in agony. She is still having pain and has temperature. My dad is a retired GP and thinks that the pain is where her appendix are. Should I go to another hospital to scan her to make sure? I do not want to leave this to get it worse. I would appreciate your advice. Thank you.

#

I can understand your concerns.

• The pain that you have described appears to be pain due to appendicitis.
  • In appendicitis also the pain starts at umbilicus region and spread to right side of umbilicus.
  • I suggest you to do an ultrasound abdomen immediately to rule out appendicitis.
  • White cells in urine do not result in so much pain.
  • You should meet a pediatrician or surgery specialist and get the child examined. Get a review here with report.

Revert back with the report to a child health specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/child-health-specialist

|