Abdominal Tuberculosis

How treat duodenal stricture and colon obstruction caused by abdominal tuberculosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has abdominal tuberculosis, duodenum stricture, and obstruction in rectosigmoid and distal sigmoid colon. She does not take any food, not even liquid food. And she does not pass urine and stools from the past four months. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Abdominal tuberculosis requires antituberculosis drugs for sure, but if a stricture is present even after taking medications for 3 to 4 months, then surgery is recommended to relieve obstruction due to stricture. Presently, she is neither able to eat nor able to pass...  Read Full »

Why does allergic rhinitis cause a ringing sensation in the ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I have allergy issues for the last 15 to 16 years that started from allergic rhinitis and bronchial asthma. Currently, I am on medications for asthma and sacroiliitis. For the previous two months, I was having some issues and flare-ups. I had blood tests today to check whether I was a...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common reason for the symptoms you are having is severe allergic rhinitis with associated sinusitis. Before we go to the treatment, I will try to explain the cascade of events in a simple manner below, even though it is not as simple as it looks. Expo...  Read Full »

What is causing abdominal pain, discomfort and loss of appetite?

Query: Hello doctor,The scans of a 50-year-old male patient presenting with ascites, pericarditis, and also some fluid around his lungs. No known cause at this time. Liver enzymes are normal. Creatinine levels were high in the recent past but currently within the normal range. Heart and lung function is no...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing to us. I hope the patient is not in much discomfort. The CT scan images (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) are showing pericardial effusion and ascites in the right superior perihepatic area and causing mild subcapsular scallo...  Read Full »

What is your opinion about my symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to have mild abdominal pain in the lower right part of the stomach. I was diagnosed with PPD six months ago and continued my regular medicine (no ATD). Since then, I occasionally get severe pain at the very same location and it lasts for around 4 to 6 hours. This pain was not regul...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please explain if you have any other symptoms, bowel habits (constipation or diarrhea), consistency of stool, blood or mucus in stool, appetite and fever? If you have increased frequency of stool, loose stool and mucus in stool, then there might be possible Crohn's dis...  Read Full »

Can abdominal tuberculosis recur?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21-year-old boy. Two and a half years ago, I got so weak by regular diarrhea (that last for six months), before that, my weight dropped to 47 kg. After visiting several doctors, I was finally diagnosed with abdominal tuberculosis. So the doctor started my medications course that l...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, it does seem to be TB (tuberculosis) again, most probably multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB). So less likely, it is a relapse. If you have a fever and weight loss, similar intensity pain, and diarrhea as it was two and a half years back, you can think of re...  Read Full »

Is sudden weight loss apparent in abdominal tuberculosis?

Query: Hello doctor, My father had a sudden weight loss. CT abdomen was done. It shows likely TB etiology and few cortical cysts in the bilateral kidney. The previous infection was found in the urine culture report.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Weight loss can definitely be explained by TB (tuberculosis) abdomen but before starting TB medicines it requires confirmation of TB for which you may require a biopsy test. If you can kindly upload the CT (computed tomography) abdomen report I can tell you which par...  Read Full »

Is there a possibility to develop peripheral neuropathy while taking anti-tubercular drugs?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 75 years old. She had been treated for TB (tuberculosis) of the abdomen as her ultrasound of abdomen finding was thicken bowel loop. In general terms, it was informed about TB in her abdomen. Accordingly, medicines were given to her as per the advise of a local MD doctor....  Read Full »

Dr. (col) Rakesh Karanwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully gone through the details provided by you and have short-listed the following possibilities. Isoniazid-induced peripheral neuropathy, which occurs in a few patients who are on anti-tubercular drugs (including Isoniazid-INH). The specific treatment fo...  Read Full »

Despite taking medicines for stomach pain, I did not get any relief. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having stomach pain from about one and a half months. The pain generally begins after lunch or dinner and may last for one to four hours. It is episodic in nature and increases in severity, and then gradually goes away. The pain occurs in the lower left region near the navel. Th...  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your treating doctor has evaluated you for all possible causes of the pain. And the prescription now you are using is an empirical therapy. If the pain still persists the next level of work u...  Read Full »