Q. Kindly explain the reason for heavy bleeding after taking abortion kit.

Published on Aug 16, 2019

I am 20 years old. I had an unplanned pregnancy. I and my partner decided to have an abortion. I was not sure whether I am pregnant or not because I did not take a pregnancy test. Without taking the pregnancy test, I took an abortion kit, which is similar to Mifegest kit, on the third week. On the second day, I had heavy bleeding and I saw a piece of flesh. I wanted to make sure that whether I was pregnant or not. It has been a week after taking the abortion pills, I am still having bleeding.

Hematology Pathology
#

You should have confirmed intrauterine pregnancy and then after doctor's advise, abortion kit can be used. Anyway, now you can get checked your blood beta hCG level to confirm whether you were pregnant or not. It can be still elevated slightly if you were pregnant. For your heavy bleeding, Tranexamic acid tablet can be prescribed. I suggest you investigate with transvaginal ultrasonography just now as it is necessary to confirm whether complete abortion occurred or not.

Does taking Krimson cause heavy bleeding?

Query: Hello doctor,I have PCOS and I visited a dermatologist for acne and hirsutism profile. She suggested me Krimson 35 for 21 days and Aldactone 50 for three months. I am on my fourth day of my periods and my bleeding had reduced but when I consumed Krimson 35 before going to sleep my bleeding increased...  Read Full »

Can you explain how do I go about taking the abortion pills?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 6 weeks pregnant and I need to terminate the pregnancy. I have gone through an ultrasound to confirm that it is an intrauterine pregnancy. I need to know how I can terminate it through abortion pills and what other precautions I need to take. Also, are there any other antibiotics ...  Read Full »

My fiancee has heavy bleeding and cramps after taking Unwanted 72. Could she be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, My fiancee is a 28 year old and weighs 43 kg. We had unprotected sex on the 10th day of her menstrual cycle, and I am sure I did not ejaculate. But, I am worried about her getting pregnant. She took Unwanted 72 tablet 12 hours later. A week later, she had cramps and menses-like bl...  Read Full »